For those lucky enough to score a pass or two during the single-day ticket resale earlier today – your dessert just arrived. Details of several popular television panels were announced throughout the day, surely making you wish tomorrow was the 21st of July.
- Dr. Who – Last year the Doctor’s was unable to stage a panel at San Diego due to filming conflicts. Well, he’s making up for it in a big way by confirming a panel for the popular BBC series on Sunday, July 24th from 12:30-1:30PM in Hall H! Panel guests include stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, with Doctor Who writer Toby Whithouse (Being Human creator) and executive producers Piers Wenger and Beth Willis. They’re bringing with them, exclusive new footage from the new episodes airing later this summer on BBC AMERICA.
- Bedlam – A new series premiering this October on BBC America, it’s…well, let me just cut and paste from the press release: “Bedlam Heights, the stylish new apartment building, has sexy tenants and gorgeous decor. But little do the new residents suspect that behind the luxury fittings lay unimaginable horrors. This is a place tainted by abuse, suffering and death – and the ghosts of its dark and violent past are out for revenge. As the direct descendent of those who ran the asylum, Kate (Charlotte Salt, The Tudors) – who both lives and works there – is a prime target.” (there’s no way I would have done that justice…) Star Theo James (Underworld 4: New Dawn, Downtown Abbey) and creator David Allison (Boy Meets Girl) host a premiere screening event followed by discussion and Q&A Friday, July 22, 5:15-6:15pm in room 7AB.
- In addition, Bedlam star Theo James and creator David Allison signing at the BBC AMERICA booth (#3629) on Saturday July 23 from 11:00-11:30AM.
- Warehouse 13 – Syfy confirmed some details on their Warehouse 13 panel, namely when and where I need to wait in line for one of my favorite shows on television. See you on Friday, July 22 at 4:15 in Ballroom 20. No word yet on who which guests will be attending.
- Voltron – How many times in your life have you wished for a Voltron to become popular again? Well, that beloved ‘toon from our youth is coming back in a big way, if the announced Voltron Franchise panel, at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 21, in the Indigo Ballroom at the Bayfront Hilton hotel, is any indication. On hand to promote all-things Voltron are Voltron Force producers from World Events Productions, representatives from Nicktoons, THQ, Mattel, Dynamite Entertainment, and VIZ Media. Maybe it would have been more appropriate to call this “Voltron ‘Til You Puke” instead…
- Thundercats – Snarf, snarf! Lion-O and the gang are also getting a reboot this year, courtesy of the Cartoon Network, and a panel scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Friday, July 22 in room 6A will include an exclusive screening of the hour-long series premiere. Producers Michael Jelenic, Ethan Spaulding and art director Dan Norton will participate in a subsequent panel discussion and answer questions from fans.
The schedule is already getting crowded – which panels are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!