We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representatives of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
You can find this morning’s edition here.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Coulson lives! Executive Editorial Director for the Marvel Digital Media Group, Ryan Penagos, confirmed via Twitter that Clark Gregg will be in attendance for the Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
— Ryan Penagos (@AgentM) June 28, 2013
- Thanks to a tweet from the official Veronica Mars account, as now have confirmation that the Veronica Mars onsite panel will take place on Friday – likely before their offsite event that night. While specific cast members in attendance have not been released, some of the cast will also be doing signings at the Warner Bros. Entertainment booth on Friday:
— Veronica Mars (@veronicamars) June 28, 2013
- The Walking Dead Escape is giving away a two-pack of The Walking Dead Minimates every day from now until July 18. All you need to do is sign up as a Walker or a Survivor.
Everyday for the next 20 days we are giving away two-packs of The Walking Dead Minimates! From now until July 18, we will randomly select a winner from the daily Walker or Survivor registrants. Each winner will receive a two-pack of The Walking Dead Minimates from Diamond Select Toys.
It’s a great event, and you can find out what to expect from our post earlier in the year. Just don’t get bitten, it ain’t pretty.
- Kotobukiya International has unveiled via Facebook its SDCC exclusive for 2013, the Harley Quinn Unmasked 2013 Convention Exclusive Bishoujo Statue.
Inspired from an original illustration by Japan’s renowned Shunya Yamashita, Ms. Quinzel is captured in a candidly playful moment (sans her makeup and headgear) in the Japanese Bishoujo (pretty girl) style.
Featuring an all-new head sculpt and paint deco this statue is constructed of quality PVC and stands 10 inches tall (in 1/7 scale) on a golden hammer base. Sculpted by Masahiro “Gill Gill” Takahashi, display Harley Quinn on her own or together with other DC femme fatales like Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Batgirl!
This “extremely limited” release will be available exclusively during SDCC at Kotobukiya booth, #2601, as well as online via Kotus.com.
- DKE Toys has announced its latest SDCC exclusive, the glow-in-the-dark version of Count Calorie from Ron English.
Limited to 100 pieces, this will sell for $100 and be available at DKE’s booth, #5045.
- FEARnet reports there will be a special screening of the Lionsgate horror film You’re Next on July 17 9PM at the Reading Cinemas Gaslamp Theater. A Q&A with director Adam Wingard, writer Simon Barrett, and star Sharni Vinson will follow.
In addition, the Masters of the Web panel has been announced for July 18th at 11:30AM in room 24ABC.
This year, it is all horror-themed. FEARnet’s own editor-in-chief Lawrence Raffel will be on the panel, along with Shock Till You Drop’s Ryan Turek, Bloody Disgusting’s Evan Dickson, Dread Central’s Heather Wixson, JoBlo’s Jimmy O, and Rotten Tomatoes’ Grae Drake. Hosted by John Campea from AMC Theaters and moderated by Wingard and Barrett.
- Warner Bros. Animation PR representative Gary Miereanu has hinted via Twitter at some of their plans at Comic Con this year, which looks to include a possible screening premiere of animated Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, two Warner Archives panels, a super-villain documentary, and more.
— Gary Miereanu (@SuperPRGuy) June 28, 2013
- The Beat has the scoop on the limited Tony Millionaire variant Quantum and Woody cover, made for the CBLDF. Only 750 copies are available.