We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Publisher Top Cow is giving cosplayers a chance to appear in one of its upcoming comics. Just stop by its booth, #2629, and dress as a character from parent publisher Image Comics. As a thank-you to fans, they’ll take your picture for reference in a future book.
- Writer/Creator J. Michael Straczynski tweeted his Spotlight panel will be on Saturday, July 20 at 5:30PM.
For those asking when my SDCC spotlight is scheduled to happen, so they can make other plans at once: Saturday the 20th at 5:30.
— JMichael Straczynski (@straczynski) June 10, 2013
- Want a chance to win a spot on the Course of the Force? Just tweet a pick to Otter Pops dressed as its “Otter Popstar” Sir Issac Lime.
— Otter Pops (@OtterPops) June 11, 2013
We sense a cosplay explosion of Sir Issac Lime this year! You first…
- The San Diego Zombie Walk meeting location has been revealed. Bring your cravings for brains to Children’s Park, Saturday, July 20 at 6:30PM.
- City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments author Cassandra Clare tweeted a hint that the movie’s panel would take place on Friday, July 19. That’s the same day as another Sony movie – Amazing Spider-Man 2 – which leads us to believe these will both be part of the annual Sony Pictures studio panel in Hall H.
— SD Comic Con Expert (@SD_Comic_Con) June 11, 2013
- Toy Tokyo tweeted a sneak peak at one of its SDCC exclusives, a Kamen Rider helmet.
— Toy Tokyo (@Toy_Tokyo) June 11, 2013
- Be one of the first 8,000 people to sign up as a Walker or Survivor at this year’s The Walking Dead Escape event and get a special collectible copy of the book “The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor“.