The Chuck Jones Gallery, which has been home to many memorable Comic-Con events in recent years such as “Course of the Force”, has announced its schedule of events during Comic-Con 2014. From Wednesday July 23 (Preview Night) through Sunday July 27, the Gallery will play host to modern and classic animation artists, feature film exhibits, and a tribute to Chuck Jones himself.
Here’s the rundown of events at the Gallery happening throughout the week:
- The Gallery will host the How to Train Your Dragon 2 exhibit on Wednesday July 23 from 7-10pm. Artwork from the film will be on display and for purchase, and artists from the film will be on hand to discuss and sign their work. Space is limited, so call 888-294-9880 to confirm your spot at this event.
- The Chuck Jones Smithsonian preview event will be on Thursday July 24 from 7-10pm. Original production and limited edition artwork by Chuck Jones himself will be on display. Special Guests include Craig Kausen, Jones’ grandson, and creative artists from Girls Drawing Girls.
- Artist Fabio Napoleoni will be on hand to exhibit limited editions and original artwork on Friday July 25 from 7-10pm. He will also be available to sign any artwork purchased during the event. Space is limited, so call 888-294-9880 to confirm your spot at this event.
- The Gallery will host multiple events on Saturday July 26. First at 1-4pm, Fabio Napoleoni will return for a live demo and exhibition; then from 7-10pm Mike Kungl will exhibit his “modern pop-culture meets vintage” art, which will also be available for purchase. Kungl will be on hand as well for signings and remarques of his purchased work. Space is limited for the Kungl event, so call 888-294-9880 to confirm your spot.
[UPDATE] We also have an image of the Mike Kungl King Kong print that will be for sale during the event – measuring 30″ x 60″ and printed on canvas. Click on the preview below to see the entire print. Call the Gallery for pricing and availability.
- Closing out the Gallery’s Comic-Con schedule of events will be Hanna Barbera animation artist Bob Singer, who worked on such classic cartoons as The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Super Friends and Johnny Quest. On Sunday July 27 from 1-3pm, Singer will making an appearance at the Gallery to exhibit his artwork, which will be on display and available for purchase. Space is limited, so call 888-294-9880 to confirm your attendance for the event.
The Chuck Jones Gallery is located on 232 Fifth Avenue in the Gaslamp Quarter, just across the street from the Convention Center. Planning to attend one of these special events? Let us know in the comments.
Here is the complete list of events and details from the Gallery’s press release:
Kick off San Diego Comic-Con the right way by swooping in to see Hiccup, Toothless, and his friends from, “How to Train Your Dragon 2” Wednesday, July 23, from 7pm-10pm at the Chuck Jones Gallery.
Exclusive, exhibition artwork from the Dreamworks Sequel hit will be on display as well as available for purchase. Special guest artists from the film will also be on site to discuss their work and sign dedications for artwork acquired. Limited Space available, please RSVP ASAP 888-294-9880.
“Whats Up Doc?” Make sure to come by the Chuck Jones Gallery for the Chuck Jones Smithsonian preview event from 7pm – 10pm Thursday, July 24th.
Not only will the gallery have original production, and limited edition artwork by Academy Award Winning Animator/ Director, Chuck Jones, but the Gallery will host special guest, Craig Kausen, Chuck’s grandson! The gallery is also excited about teaming up with creative artists from Girls Drawing Girls!
What the heart wants and the heart needs can be found in a Fabio Napoleoni painting. Nostalgia, sorrow and moments that lift the soul are all there for the world to see at the Chuck Jones Gallery Friday, July 25th from 7pm-10pm.
Mr. Napoleoni will be exhibiting his limited editions and originals, and will be available to sign and dedicate pieces that are acquired at the event. Limited space available, RSVP at 888-294-9880!
The Saturday, July 26th Comic -Con line up at the Chuck Jones Gallery is not to be missed!
1pm-4pm- Dynamic artist Fabio Napoleoni will be on hand to perform an artist demo, and exhibit his popular works.
7pm-10pm- Warner Bros, Star Wars, and Disney licensed artist, Mike Kungl comes to the gallery with a phenomenal exhibition of his work.
Mr. Kungl’s pieces will be available for purchase. Dedications and remarques by Mr. Kungl will be available for artwork acquired at the event. Limited Space Available, RSVP ASAP 888-294-9880.
Guest artist Bob Singer will be at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 at the Chuck Jones Gallery Sunday, July 27th from 1pm-3pm.
Mr. Singer is one of the last men standing from the golden age of animation! He worked with Chuck Jones as an in-betweener on several Looney Tunes cartoons and eventually found his way to Hanna Barbera where he was a layout artist for The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Super Friends and Johnny Quest. Bob Singer’s artwork will be on exhibition as well as available for purchase. RSVP ASAP for an incredible opportunity to meet an animation giant! 888-294-9880