Welcome to another edition of Under The Tents! San Diego Comic-Con news will be dropping on a bit more of a regular basis and this time around we bring information on Ace Parking, a small update on Nerd HQ, Zenescope Entertainment, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Zenescope Entertainment sent out a tweet with their 2016 convention schedule which includes San Diego Comic-Con. Zenescope is best known for their Grimm Fairy Tales comics.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. TV, a fan site for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, who is once again bringing their Sunday Agents Wrap Party to Comic-Con (tickets are still on sale), hinted at some of the awesome swag they’ll be giving attendees, like another challenge coin.
@captrayneway we hope to have new ones naff for this year's SDCC Wrap party 🙂
— S.H.I.E.L.D. TV (@SHIELDtv) February 25, 2016
- Artist John Ottigner tweeted out a new robot design for his latest Dweores comic. Ottinger always brings something special to the convention, and we expect this year to be no different.
— John Ottigner (@redrobot11) February 26, 2016
- Terry Moore, best known for his long-running comic series Strangers in Paradise, responded to a tweet about having an omnibus at SDCC this year. Strangers in Paradise already has an omnibus, so let the speculation begin!
— Terry Moore (@TerryMooreArt) February 26, 2016
- Zachary Levi was recently on Late Night with Seth Meyers and spoke about the very popular Nerd HQ offsite event held during SDCC. No word yet on if Nerd HQ will be returning to San Diego this year, but keep your fingers crossed.
- Artist and writer Deb Aoki confirmed in a recent tweet that she will be attending SDCC. No information yet if she will be on any panels again this year, but as soon as we find out, we will update you.
@ValerieComplex I'm definitely going to TCAF in Toronto in May and SDCC in July. NYCC is a strong possibility too. how about you?
— Deb Aoki (@debaoki) February 25, 2016
- High Grade Comics, a seller of CGC high grade comics, has SDCC listed under the convention schedule on their website. You can find High Grade Comics on the exhibit hall at Booth # 1202/1204
- Speaking of CGC Comics, they too will be attending San Diego Comic Con. If you’re looking to get an autograph witnessed for grading purposes or to send off a comic for grading, CGC will be offering their services.
- Comics and book publisher fuzzypress revealed on Twitter about attending WonderCon and SDCC this year.
— fuzzypress (@fuzzypress) February 26, 2016
- Artist, writer, and Adobe Photoshop product engineer Daniel Presedo will be returning to SDCC with the Adobe booth. His tweet used the Deadpool hashtag, could it be a hint of things to come? Adobe usually brings t-shirt printing, panels, and more.
— Daniel Presedo (@dramenon) February 26, 2016
- Ryan Callanan, the art who sometimes goes by RYCA, showed off what appears to be the first DKE exclusive toy mash-up of the year. The piece, which features Star Wars: The Force Awaken‘s Finn as the next Art Trooper, was revealed on Instagram.
- Jackie Huang, a freelance artist who does a lot of pop up art with paper, will be attending SDCC according to her convention appearance section on her site. You can find Jackie at Booth #1947 during SDCC.
- Have you been patiently waiting for news about the San Diego Comic-Con parking sale? Ace Parking tweeted out that full details on the parking permit sale will be revealed by March 21 — which is presumably when we’ll know if they’ll be using a lottery system similar to last year’s, or if they’ll be utilizing a new system.
— Ace Parking (@AceParking) February 27, 2016
- Writer and co-founder of Alpha Girl Comics, Amy Chu, lists SDCC under her convention schedule on her about.me page. Amy has worked on comics from DC, Vertigo, and Image Comics among others.
- Ray Dillon, who works on inks and color on DC Comics Legend of Wonder Woman, revealed in a tweet that he will be attending both WonderCon and SDCC this year. Ray also does art for HBO’s Game of Thrones.
— R A Y | D I L L O N (@RayDillon) February 27, 2016
- Kevin Eastman, co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, has San Diego Comic Con listed under his schedule on his official website. Eastman will only be appearing Fri-Sun at SDCC however.
- Narrier Comics will also be exhibiting this year, as they have SDCC listed under their appearance section of their website.