We had so much news, we’ve got two editions of Under the Tents today! On a Sunday! We’ve got word on some big artists like Lee Bermejo and Ryan Meinerding, a signing at Tokidoki, what our friends over at The Ninjabot are up to, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Ninjabot posted on Instagram even more awesomeness headed to their booth. Pop Cats Vol. 1 as well as prints from this series will be available at their Small Press booth L-08.
We're super excited to announce that Pop Cats Vol 1 will debut at #SDCC Small Press L-08! Plus, we're going to have NEW Pop Cat Prints too! More pics of those coming out soon! We're so close to SDCC, and we still have so many things to do, but we'll make it all happen for you guys! Our booth is going to be amazing this year!! :D! Can't wait! #theninjabot #ninjabot #PopCats #cats #wintersoldier
- Sean Forney added another print and another sketch to Instagram that he will be bringing to SDCC. This time its a werewolf and Gwenpool.
- Loungefly posted on Instagram a sneak peek of some sort of R2-D2 with stitching that looks pretty cool. We will have to wait until San Diego Comic-Con and check it out at booth #2913.
- The Unspool podcast announced on Twitter that they will be at San Diego Comic-Con with two new shirt designs. More details soon.
Well, its been a while! We're sitting on mountains of new content & we WILL be at Comic-Con premiering 2 new shirt designs! News soon. #sdcc
— Unspool (@Unspoolpodcast) July 8, 2016
- Karen Hsiao aka Miso has some work in progress art posted on two different Instagram pages of her strange and beautiful art headed to SDCC.
- Freelance artist Edward Kraatzii posted sneak peek pieces of a work in progress on Instagram he will be bringing to SDCC. All we know so far is it is Star Wars themed.
Sneak peek at three separate shots of a 17 x 33 piece for SDCC2016. Only about 30 hours left to go before its completed! Free print to first person to guess it! But don't worry they'll be another chance if you don't guess it. Thanks guys and good luck! #prismacolor #strathmore #fanart #eeknation #sdcc
- Outer Rim News reports that Santa Cruz will be bringing five SDCC exclusive Star Wars skateboard each selling for $100. They will also be giving out free posters while supplies last. They can be found at booth #2913.
- Monkey Minion Press has posted a preview on Instagram of another print headed to SDCC. This one is their Science+Nature Space Probe.
- Alex Ross revealed his 2016 sketchbooks on Twitter as well as a lithograph and they are both beautiful. They can be found at Comic-Con booth #2415.
— Alex Ross (@thealexrossart) July 7, 2016
— Alex Ross (@thealexrossart) July 8, 2016
- Art dealer Sal Abbinanti revealed on Twitter even more more Bill Sienkiewicz lithographs headed to San Diego Comic-Con.
— Sal Abbinanti (@SalAbbinanti) July 9, 2016
- Comic artist Jeff Pina announced on Instagram some Monty Python as well as some Samurai Jack chibi style artwork he will be bringing to SDCC small press booth Q-06.
- Vault Comics posted on Twitter that they will have freebies for Twitter followers as well as exclusives available for sale at their Comic-Con booth #1530.
— Vault Comics (@thevaultcomics) July 9, 2016
- Tokidoki front man Simone Legno posted on Instagram a picturing of a Tokidoki Iron Maiden mashup shirt coming to Comic-Con.
I am very happy to announce #Tokidoki X IRON MAIDEN collaboration tee shirt previewing at San Diego Comic con! As a guy that grew up with pasta and Rock in any form (Metal, Punk, hardcore, emocore, and bunch of brutal stuff) it was a true joy and honor when during my last trip in London I was requested to design this project. Iron Maiden are not just popular for their legendary music but even for their outstanding cover art and iconography that definitely became part of the global pop culture. I definitely gotta save a couple for my friends pop culture fanatics @vampybitme and @joshlbarnett that I both spotted very recently rocking Iron Maiden's tees on Instagram.( the first one is definitely a bit better as a model…). PS-A Master Nerd like you Josh will b missed this year at SDCC. Good luck with your training! 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀 @tokidokibrand #ironmaiden #trooper #popcupture #rock #metal #music #art #vectorart #sdcc #comiccon #comicon #design #fashion #vector #teeshirt #kawaii #manga #anime #comics #adios #unicorn #unicorno
- Writer extraordinaire Jimmy Palmiotti posted on Twitter that he will be at the Hero booth each day for 90 minutes along with his comic artist wife Amanda Conner working to raise money for charity.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in San Diego. Amanda and I will be at the Hero booth each day for an hour and a half raising money.
— Jimmy Palmiotti (@jpalmiotti) July 8, 2016
- Comic book artist Isaac Goodhart posted on Instagram that he has two sketches that can be won at SDCC 2016 and that his commission list is now open.
You can win this sketch at #SDCC! Stay tuned for details on how. Or you can commission a sketch from me cuz MY COMMISSION LIST IS OPEN FOR SAN DIEGO! DM me here or email isaac1210(at)gmail(dot)com if interested! #sketch #drawing #art #makecomics #topcow #imagecomics #sandiegocomiccon #inking #illustration
- Colorist Jeremiah Skipper revealed on Twitter some prints that will be available at SDCC as a joint effort with artist Tom Hodges.
— Jeremiah Skipper (@JeremiahSkipper) July 10, 2016
- Fat Rabbit Farm is bringing another exclusive to Comic-Con this year and they are previewing it on Instagram. It’s their Forbidden Ice Cream t-shirt and it is available men, women, and kids at booth #4535.
- Author Bradley P. Beaulieu posted on Facebook that the DAW / Penguin Random booth will have free book plates available.
- Artist Anthony Petrie showed off some Marvel prints he’ll have available at Booth #4716.
- Artist Bobby Chiu revealed some “Little Plant People” pins available in both gold and black outlines that will be available exclusively at Comic-Con. No word yet on where to pick them up.
- Christopher Uminga’s Mr. Uminga’s Coloring Book of Monsters, Ghouls & Fiends will be debuting at the con. Find it at Artist Alley #BB-18.
Just arrived my brand new coloring book "Mr.Uminga's Coloring Book of Monsters, Ghouls & Fiends". I'm really excited about is and can't wait for you guys to see it and read it as well. I'll be debuting it @sdcc2016 . Hurray for monsters!! #art #coloringbook #originalart #original #monsters #goth #horror #artistoninstagram
- Uminga will also have a Gravity Falls piece available at the con.
- Marvel Studios Head of Visual Development, Ryan Meinerding, will be at the Adi Granov Booth #4607 this year, according to Spirit of the Hero on Twitter. Come meet Meinerding and pick up some Marvel artwork!
— Spirit of the Hero (@sothllc) July 9, 2016
- Splash Page Comic Art will be at Booth #4400 this year, and they’ll have artists like The Walking Dead’s Charlie Adlard and DC’s Lee Bermejo. Bermejo will be doing sketches with a $300 original art purchase, and Adlard will have sketches available. They’ll also be doing signings. You can find more information on Splash Page’s website.