WonderCon 2017 announcements have been coming in left and right. We saw some big ones from Valiant and the Hollywood Science Fiction Museum this week. If you didn’t catch them, that’s OK; we have those and many more right here for you.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Native San Diegan artist Brianna Garcia will be in Artist Alley at Table #A-36.
— Brianna – WC A-32 (@BriannaCherry) March 27, 2017
- Stop by Her Universe Booth #1337 to pick up some new shirt designs available first at the convention. You can also get an Ahsoka Tano Funko Pop! signed by her, on Friday, March 31 from 11AM-1PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM, Saturday April 1 from 10:30AM-11:30AM, or Sunday from 1PM-4PM. Also be sure you stop by her panel on Saturday at 1:30PM in Room 208 for an update on this year’s Her Universe San Diego Comic-Con fashion show.
- Retro artists Monkey Minion Press are debuting a new print at WonderCon this weekend. Stop by Table #83 in the Small Press area to grab a 12×18 print or 2×3 magnet while you can.
- Artist Mia Aroujo is releasing her “Forest Series” postcard set at WonderCon. She’ll be at Table #F-34 in Artist Alley if you want to check out her work.
- OK, Trekkies, the Hollywood Science Fiction Museum needs our help to restore its Star Trek wax figures and bridge set. They’ll have the bridge set with Mr. Spock and Dr. “Bones” McCoy on display at WonderCon, with the rest of the cast to be displayed in the touring exhibit. You can donate to their Kickstarter campaign here.
- The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum will also have Marina Sirtis, Counselor Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation, available for signings on Saturday. They’ve also announced via email to their Kickstarter contributors that they’ll have Denise Crosby, LT Tasha Yar and CDR Sela from Star Trek: The Next Generation, War of the Worlds star Ann Robinson, and Farscape actress Gigi Edgely there as well.
- Valiant is going to have the busiest booth in the convention center. If you visit Booth #1019, you’ll find paperbacks and hardcovers with titles including Bloodshot Reborn, Britannia, Divinity, Faith, Ninjak, X-O and Woody, and many more. If that’s not enough, they’ll also have t-shirts and all-star signings. Don’t miss this one.
- Mark (budgetdude) has 10 signed prints from artist Natali Sanders. Yes, you read that right, only 10. If you want one, you’ll need to get to Booth #701 fast.
- JPG McFly and PhotoBombMom will also have these signed and numbered Spider Man prints from artist “The Tonus” Tony Paulson at Booth #101.
🚨WONDERCON🚨BOOTH 101 "Civil War I Feel Like Peter" HOTH print by @thetonus SIGNED and Numbered of 22 by the Artist! These will only be sold at the Show and is exclusive to That Spiderman Booth!! Hope to see you guys come visit us 1st and often! #ifeellikepeter #thetonus #hoth #thatspidermanbooth #wondercon #wondercon2017 #spiderman #ironman #civilwar #spidermanart #peterparker #spidermanart #spidermanartwork #comicsforsale #igcomicfamily
- Artist Tom Hodges will be in Artist Alley at Table #A-16 with “Star Wars Universe Dream Park” Artist Proofs. He’ll have some very limited proofs with no remarque for $60 and some extremely limited proofs with pre-done remarque for $80.
- Curio & Co. would like you to “Wonder” by their table, #84, in Small Press. There, you’ll find some memorabilia, collectibles, and other “wonders.”
- Robert T. Photography is hosting a Twi’lek photoshoot for all Twi’lek and Togruta cosplayers and photographers. They plan to meet on Sunday at 1PM at the fountain in front of the convention center. Go to the Facebook Event and let them know you’ll be there.
- There will be a gathering of Fallout and Wasteland/Post-Apocalyptic cosplayers at WonderCon as well. They’re also meeting in front of the fountains, but on Saturday from 4PM-5PM. They also have a Facebook event for you to let them know you’ll be there.
- HexComix is bringing the newest member of the Hexverse, Juro, to Small Press Table #53, where they’ll have an exclusive print available.
— HexComix (@HexComix) March 27, 2017
- Do you still crave that warm, analog sound of vinyl? If you still have that turntable set to 33 1/3 RPM, Disney Music Emporium will have some Inside Out vinyl records for you this weekend. If you have no idea what a vinyl record is, ask your parents/grandparents. And for those of you thinking these look familiar – they were a Mondo San Diego Comic-Con release in 2016. So grab them now without the crazy line!
- Button Mash Ninja is bringing a bunch of t-shirt reprints for Clash in Clan, Saving Sensei, Monkey Business, Squad Goals, and Poke Bowl. Hopefully, you can pick one up before your size and style run out. They also say they have an awesome cap for us.
- If Button Mash Ninja’s t-shirts aren’t your bag, Cotton Crustacean is debuting a new t-shirt, onesie, and hang tags at WonderCon this weekend.
- Artist Kate Carlton looks like she’s bringing some great work to her table, #F-39, in Artist Alley. Follow her Instagram for info about her art drops, too.
- Artist Sean Galloway will be in Artist Alley at Table #A-44 with a new Squirrel Girl print.
- Melissa Hsu is also bringing her YetiMonsta to Artist Alley at Table #B50.
- Obscure Comix was able to get a table in the Small Press area at the last minute. Stop by Table #SP-10, say “the secret word,” and you may win a prize.
— dc roberts (@obscurecomix) March 28, 2017