We’ve heard some rumblings recently that we’ve been too quiet. Let us reassure you, this is just the calm before the storm – Comic-Con news comes in waves, and we’re just in a low tide right now. High tide will come, and we’re all just grateful we don’t drown in it by July. That also doesn’t mean things have all been quiet on the SDCC front. We’ve been searching high and low for any hint of news, and we’ve got plenty of updates for you.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Nerd HQ announced a new partnership with Stephen Amell’s Nocking Point Wine this week. They even introduced their own hashtag for it: #SummerofRosé. When asked if Nocking Point would be served at SDCC this year, Zachary Levi responded with a resounding affirmative. Nocking Point also announced the two wines, NERDHQ Rosé 1.0 and 2.0, would be the official wine at the Nerd HQ venue bar this year.
You betta believe it! ? https://t.co/NrwynD4jdq
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi) April 14, 2017
— Nerd HQ (@thenerdmachine) April 14, 2017
- The Nerdist’s Jessica Chobot mentioned SDCC cosplay preps during a Twitter exchange with Cait, a contestant on SyFy’s Cosplay Melee. We say it’s a pretty safe bet that Nerdist will be back once again at SDCC.
— Jessica Chobot (@JessicaChobot) April 11, 2017
- Least I Could Do artist Lar DeSouza also mentioned SDCC plans in a Twitter exchange with a fan. If you liked the latest Thor: Ragnarok trailer, do yourself a favor and read the original tweet that started the exchange.
@Navgirl02 Yes that's the plan 🙂
— Lar – C2E2 Booth1453 (@lartist) April 13, 2017
- Many of us have been dying for details about IDW Publishing’s planned Wynonna Earp party. We don’t know much more, but David Ozer did announce a date for the party: Thursday, July 20. We’ll keep watching for more info about time and venue.
Key @WynonnaEarp dates: 4/15-Space Canada premieres S1; 4/24-iTunes UK launches; 6/9-Season 2 premiere on Syfy/Space: 7/20-SDCC WE Fan party
— David Ozer (@davidozer) April 13, 2017
- Crochet artist Jennifer Nolan revealed her first SDCC exclusive. You’ll find her in Artist Alley this year as well as at the Art Show.
- Artist John Ottinger revealed his latest SDCC exclusive Dweores print.
- Calling all DC cosplayers! Southern California DC Cosplayer Photoshoots is holding their SDCC 2017 DC Cosplayer photoshoot on Saturday, July 22 at 2PM at the semicircle stairs outside the convention center facing the bay. RSVP to their Facebook Event to let them know you’ll be there.
- If you’re a Harley Quinn cosplayer, you need to get to the photoshoot early. Specifically, at 1PM, because Mischief & Mayhem and Harleypalooza are celebrating the 25th anniversary of our favorite clown princess of crime. They’d prefer to focus on Harley Quinn as she appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, but all Harley cosplayers are welcome to join. RSVP to their Facebook Event to let them know you’ll be there.
- If you’re a Molly Quinn fan, we’re sorry to have to disappoint you. She announced via Twitter that she will not be attending SDCC this year.
@bnokj aw, that's so nice of you! I won't be there this year, but I hope everything is going great for you! Continued success!!
— Molly C. Quinn (@MollyQuinn93) April 17, 2017
Not bad for a slow news week. Granted, we were distracted by Star Wars Celebration, but there’s always something to be found.