It’s coming. No, not winter (San Diego doesn’t have a winter), but Open Registration. Are you ready for Saturday? Is your buying group all on the same page? It seems that with Open Registration rapidly approaching, a lot of San Diego Comic-Con regulars decided to make announcements this week. While you’ve been anxiously counting the hours, minutes, and seconds until Saturday, we’ve gathered some of those announcements.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- This year is Symbiote Studios’ 10th anniversary. To celebrate, they announced that they will be giving away “a ton of exclusive plushies” at SDCC this year. Stay tuned for more details.
This year at #SDCC2017 is big for us. It's our companies 10 year anniversary. We are giving away a ton of exclusive plushies. Details soon.
— symbiotestudios (@symbiotestudios) March 25, 2017
- Indie-horror screenwriter Michael Varrati revealed that he will be at SDCC this year and is bringing some new exclusive frights with him. You can rock me to sleep now.
— Michael Varrati (@MichaelVarrati) March 23, 2017
- Cartoon Books/Boneville has San Diego Comic-Con at the top of their calendar.
- Novelist/Screenwriter/Comics writer Paul Cornell announced on his Appearances page that he will be attending SDCC this year. Panels and events are still TBD.
- Prolific writer Richard Dinnick announced via his website that he will be at SDCC this year with the Titan team to sign and promote his run on the 12th Doctor comic books. He may have some other announcements coming at or leading up to SDCC as well, so we’ll have to stay tuned.
- Artist Terry Moore is bringing his Abstract Studio Comics to SDCC this year, according to his Upcoming Appearances sidebar. You can easily find this “nerdy studmuffin” (his description, not ours) under his new convention banner, shown here.
- Anime artist Shourimajo also has San Diego Comic-Con on their list of appearances.
- Disney artist Amy Mebberson is bringing her Princesses #2 comic to SDCC this year. She says she has doubts, so let’s show her she has nothing to worry about.
This is 500 copies of Princesses #2, intended to last Denver CC, D23 & SDCC. I already have doubts. pic.twitter.com/wtWY0enSCP
— Amy Mebberson ???? (@amymebberson) April 5, 2017
- Exhibit A Press announced that they will be back at their usual spot, Booth #1909 in the Independent Publishers’ Pavilion, for this year’s SDCC. They’re right across from DC Comics, so they’re hard to miss. Stay tuned for more announcements regarding guest appearances, special deals, and other activities.
- Rebecca Hicks is bringing her Little Vampires comic to SDCC this year, according to her Appearances schedule.
- Heroes Brew Fest answered one of their fans who asked when tickets will go on sale in a very CCI-esque manner. The answer: Soon. Stay tuned for exact dates.
- The Geeky Hooker is pretty stoked about doing more critter drops at SDCC this year. She revealed her first two critters: Classic Batman (à la Adam West) and Classic Penguin (à la Burgess Meredith). Make sure you follow her Twitter or Facebook to track her drops.
- The Expanse actor Cas Anvar tweeted something cryptic, about “Hornets nest” or “#ComicCon”. Nothing confirmed, but seems likely for a San Diego Comic-Con appearance.
— Cas Anvar (@Casanvar) April 6, 2017
Don’t forget to check out our Open Registration Visual Guide so you’re ready for Saturday. Good luck, and we hope we’ll see you in San Diego this year.