It’s been a busy week in the world of Comic-Con news — with the first round of hotel placement e-mails going out on Monday, and another on the way on this upcoming Monday. We’ve also got news about the odds of you seeing Felicia Day at Comic-Con this year, some updates on Funko, news from exhibitors, and so much more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- The upcoming Comic-Con Center for Popular Culture in Balboa Park, which will be taking the place of the current Hall of Champions museum, is looking to launch “sometime in 2018” according to this job listing. They’re also looking to hire an Executive Director – so polish that résumé if you’d like to work in the heart of the cultural center of America’s Finest City.
- Geek & Sundry co-founder and actress Felicia Day posted her con schedule to her Facebook page. For Comic-Con, the appearance is currently “unconfirmed” but “most likely”. We also expect to see Geek & Sundry back at the convention in some form.
- NECA toys announced that their Predator SDCC exclusive will be unlike anything they’ve ever done before. We’ll have to see what this means at SDCC.
You won't want to miss this years. It's something completely different from what's come before at sdcc ? https://t.co/ClInflhtTN
— NECA (@NECA_TOYS) May 4, 2017
- Funko announced during their Twitter Q&A that they will have Star Wars exclusive Pop!’s at SDCC this year. In other news, water is wet. But look for Funko exclusive news to start rolling out in June.
You know what? Why not. YES. https://t.co/twdRcmTurW
— Funko (@OriginalFunko) May 4, 2017
- According to Zachary Levi, look for an “official answer” on this year’s Nerd HQ appearance “very, very soon”.
We should have an official answer very, very soon. Stay tuned! https://t.co/NS3FCkaLbf
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi) May 5, 2017
- For Star Wars Day, artist Patrick Ballesteros unveiled the first of many prints still to come which will be making their debut at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
— Patrick Ballesteros (@PatrickBallest) May 4, 2017
- LA’s Kneady Bakers announced pre-orders for their Nerd HQ/Comic-Con exclusive Care Packages. For each box sold, $1 is donated to Operation Smile, so order these delicious boxes while they’re available. Their presale price of $20 per box is good until July 7. After that, a box will cost you $25. Follow this link to order a box of Robert Brownie Jrs. while they last.
- Artist Matt Nastos announced via Facebook that he is opening a very small amount of commissions (5) for SDCC this year. Contact him now if you’re interested.
- Artist Alex Ross displayed via Twitter an exclusive he’ll have available at SDCC as a high-end canvas.
— Alex Ross (@thealexrossart) May 4, 2017
- Artist Chandra Reyer announced via Twitter that Womanthology will be back at SDCC this year, and they appear to be looking for volunteers. Find them in Artist Alley at Booth #BB-22.
— Chandra Reyer (@ChandraReyer) May 4, 2017
- Composite Effects displayed a Captain America mask they’ll have available at SDCC this year. A great piece for a Captain America cosplay.
— Composite Effects (@CFXunmasked) May 3, 2017
- Artist Brandon Peterson announced his con schedule on his blog, which includes SDCC. He’s encouraging anyone interested to reserve their art now, so drop him a line if you’re interested.
- Artist Nathan Kane displayed his SDCC Exclusive Futurama poster on Facebook.
- Captain Action announced on Facebook they’ll be back in action at SDCC this year at Booth #3921.
- SDCC “techcessory” mainstay MIMOBOT announced via Twitter that they will be back at SDCC this year with all their famous tech goodies for us.
@KohYuta We will definitely be at SDCC, but I can't confirm whether or not we'll have this at the show. We certainly are going to try!
— MIMOBOT (@mimobot) May 5, 2017
- Jason Inman shared his remaining con schedule for this year on Twitter. Among his cons, of course, is SDCC.
— Jason Inman (@Jawiin) May 6, 2017
- Now for some bad news: LEGO Design VP Matthew Ashton announced via Twitter that SDCC does not fit into his schedule this year, so he will not be attending.
@dveese I can't go this year, as I have other commitments that week!:/ but thanks anyway:)
— Matthew Ashton (@Disconeedsme) May 5, 2017