Just as in years past, Comic-Con International will be holding panels at the Horton Grand Theatre, a short walk from the convention center. Each of these panels is actually ticketed – meaning that on the morning of the panel you want to attend, you’ll need to head upstairs to the Sails Pavilion for a drawing (which they state starts at 9AM, but could start much earlier than that). Each winner will receive entry for two – and any leftovers tickets will be available at the Horton Grand box office.
CCI also states that if you miss the initial drawing, you should check the ticket sign in the Autograph Area to see exactly how many standby tickets are still available at the Horton.
This year’s line-up includes everything from a screening of Syfy’s Blood Drive (which if that’s not the Hard Rock Hotel’s maryjane’s makeover this year, what is even the point?!), to a surprise Netflix screening (the “TBA” listed below on Thursday), to a Mystery Scence 3000 panel.
Here’s a look at the full schedule for The Horton Grand Theatre:
Thursday, July 20
- 12:00: Embracing the Romantic!
- 1:30: Sixty Seconds with SFF Authors
- 3:00: It’s a Funny Story . . . Writing Humor
- 4:30: Because You Love to Hate Me
- 6:00: Superhero Family Feud
- 10:00: TBA
Friday, July 21
- 12:00: I Know That Voice: The Series
- 1:30: The Female Voices of Film Twitter
- 3:00: Building the Studio of Tomorrow
- 4:30: World Creators: Crossing Platforms (Film, TV, VR, AR, Gaming, and Comics)
- 7:00: Princess Mononoke Screening
Saturday, July 22
- 12:00: Rising Stars in Tech: Drivers of Innovation and Entertainment
- 1:30: Do You Have What It Takes To Be a Star?
- 3:00: Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return
- 4:30: From Acclaimed Graphic Novel to Daring New Film: My Friend Dahmer
- 6:00: Qualcomm: Power Rangers VR
- 8:00: Channel Zero: No End House Screening
- 9:30: Blood Drive Screening