We’ve made it to Friday! We hope you have your spreadsheets and calendars ready for when CCI announces Friday’s SDCC panels. In the meantime, you can catch up on some great SDCC news from Funko, On the Mic Podcast, Weta Workshop, and a lot more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- SDCC’s favorite collectibles, Funko, announced during their Twitter Q&A that they will outline their SDCC booth procedures on July 7 (that’s today!).
— Funko (@OriginalFunko) July 6, 2017
- Funko does have some bad news in that they won’t be offering signings at their booth this year, as they already have too much on their plate.
Not this year. There's already so much going on.
— Funko (@OriginalFunko) July 6, 2017
- Tim Drake from On the Mic Podcast is excited to announce the two superstar guests for his SDCC panel at the San Diego Public Library on Thursday, July 20 at 4PM. The first is the awesome Todd Masters, the master behind your favorite SDCC 2017 Booth (#4429), toddland. The second started with a whisper when he grabbed his favorite axe and joined Neon Trees, guitarist Chris Allen.
- When he’s not on podcasts, Todd Masters will be at his Toddland Booth #4429 with exclusives like this Beefsquatch t-shirt.
- If you stop by Weta Workshop’s Booth #3613, you’ll see they have a lot going on. From Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers to Lord of the Rings collectibles and make-up demonstrations, there will never be a dull moment. Check out all the videos they tweeted to get all the juicy details.
— Weta Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) July 5, 2017
— RangerBoard.com (@RangerBoard) July 4, 2017
— Weta Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) July 4, 2017
— Weta Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) June 29, 2017
— Weta Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) June 27, 2017
- Artist Chandra Free announced her sketch details for SDCC. For $65, you can ask her to sketch something for you. Don’t want to carry it around with you? She’ll also ship it anywhere in the U.S. for free. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to order your sketches.
SDCC SKETCH SPECIAL: $65 for a pencil sketch for pick up at SDCC or FREE delivery to where ever in the USA. MSG: email@example.com
— Chandra Free ?? (@spookychan) July 6, 2017
- Camilla d’Errico’s “Surreal Safari” is coming together adorably. Her axolotl is finished and ready to join its adorable safari. Look for more of her amazing work at Booth #4723.
— Camilla d'Errico (@Helmetgirl) July 6, 2017
- Ed Boon, creator of Injustice 2, announced the game would have a presence at SDCC. The Twitter thread is worth scrolling through for the GIFs alone.
San Diego ComicCon.
— Ed Boon (@noobde) July 6, 2017
- If you’re planning on stopping by Josh Warner’s Small Press Table #L-09, here’s a taste of what you’ll find there.
— Josh Warner (@josh_L_warner) July 6, 2017
- When you head over to Han Cholo’s Booth #2616, you’ll find this Voltron lucky lion’s paw. For “ages Cool and up.” And their showmanship goes above and beyond in their video showing off all their He-Man merch.
Off to comic con with your lucky lions paw. Han Cholo x SDCC 2017 x For Ages Cool and Up. pic.twitter.com/ZpPNGLkWcu
— Han Cholo (@HanCholoDesigns) July 6, 2017
- Beefy & Co. revealed their ultra-rare Charipoo SDCC exclusive. There are only 100 of these in existence, so get to Booth #5051 to catch one. While you’re there, you might as well grab a free t-shirt, too.
In the world of Pokepoos, exist a super rare Shiny Charipoo! There are only 100 Shiny Charipoo that is known to exist in this world. How do you catch such a rare Pokepoo? Some Pokepoo trainers say, it's like 1/10,000 chances of a sighting, some say it's 1/100,000 or even 1/1,000,000 to catch one?! Rumor has it, that the stars and planets will all align on the 19th day through the 23rd day of July of 2017. All the Shiny Charipoo will gather together at the Mystical BeeFy & Co. Gym Booth #5051 at San Diego Comic Con. To catch one of these super rare Shiny Charipoo, you must defeat the Grand Master Pokepoo Trainer BeeFy! Do you have what it takes to be a Master Pokepoo Trainer? If you don't, then you Don't Gotta Catch'em All!!! #sdcc #sdcc2017 #sdccexclusive #shinycharizard #shinycharipoo #pokepoo #pokemon #pokemonplush #designertoys #designerplush #plush #bestplushintheworld
- If you’re dying to know who’s on the Midnight, Texas panel at SDCC on Saturday, July 22, Deadline Hollywood gave some insight into who will be there: Executive producer Monica Owusu-Breen and cast François Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Arielle Kebbel, Sarah Ramos, Peter Mensah, Yul Vazquez and Jason Lewis are all expected.
- Sculptor Scott Wilkowski is bringing this Uamou (Woot) Bear to SDCC with him.
- Artist Peter Han revealed his SDCC exclusive print he’ll have at Booth #5554 this year. He’s only bringing 50 with him, so you’ll want to get there early.
Slightly cut off at the bottom and top due to IG sizing. This will be my main print at San Diego comic con this year. I will have 2 other smaller prints and bringing back a slightly refined dynamic bible as the shipment comes in tomorrow! The print will be 18×24 on what I'm hoping to be watercolor paper. I'm limiting it to 50 prints for comic con, that I will sign and stamp. Possible online release for the future.
- Ben Kaplan, from the film Slasher.com, will be at Table #AA30 in the Sails Pavilion signing autographs and selling Slasher.com exclusive merch.
- Sideshow Collectibles Booth #1929 is one of the most elaborate booths on the Exhibit Hall floor. With some of the most detailed sculptures, it’s a frequent stop for photo ops. Project Manager Kevin Ellis shows a peek at just how much they’re bringing to SDCC this year. What’s in the box???
- Artist Scott C revealed his Dinosaur Day print he’s debuting (along with his new shorts) at Gallery Nucleus Booth #2643.
- Because one of the best parts of SDCC is free swag, you’ll want to head to Kathleen Glosan’s Booth #2109 for all her great freebies.
SDCC freebies galore! Hand fans, temp tats, bumper sticker (free w purchase), bookmarks & gazillion dollar $$!! Stop by Booth 2109 daily! pic.twitter.com/VZmzj2wVlW
— kathleen glosan (@kathleenglosan) July 6, 2017
- Lucas Turnbloom announced that he and Greg Grunberg will be signing copies of their new book, Dream Jumper, at SDCC.
— Lucas Turnbloom (@LucasTurnbloom) July 6, 2017