We hope you had a restful weekend. We can guarantee those preparing for San Diego Comic-Con 2017 didn’t. If you read this Under the Tents column, you’ll see just how much work Scott C, Patrick Ballesteros, Lorelay Bové, and many more have been putting in. And, you guessed it, there’s crochet!
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- SDCC veterans Weta Workshop posted a video on Twitter to give everyone a taste of what they’re bringing to San Diego Comic-Con this year. When you visit Booth #3613, you’ll find costuming items from Ghost in the Shell, Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers, and some new Lord of the Rings items they’re excited about.
— Weta Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) June 23, 2017
- Artist Scott Blair announced his SDCC commissions are now open. Shoot him an email at email@example.com soon, since he has limited spots open on his list. He also showed off an all-new Wolverine sketch cover he made for SDCC. Find Blair and all his work in Artists Alley at Table #FF-18.
- Artist Sana Takeda will have several items to offer at SDCC this year. First is a memo pad from her Monstress comic series. Second is a set of postcards, also from her Monstress comics.
- Yo, what up, Holmes? We’re not above bad puns, and neither is Patrick Ballesteros. Here, he’s teasing his latest 25 Cent Wonder print debut for SDCC. We believe its theme is elementary, dear Watson, but the whole picture often reveals an adorable surprise. Head to Table #DD-08 in Artists Alley to grab yours (if we don’t buy them all first).
- This xenomorph likes warm hugs! Artist Scott C managed to add a little of Olaf’s charm into his new pin design for SDCC.
- It wouldn’t be an Under the Tents column without crochet. This time, it’s Britt Hochstetler’s Frazzled Ends with her Wonder Woman crochet critter. Frazzled Ends can’t make it to SDCC this year, but don’t sweat it – The Geeky Hooker promised to make it one of her drops.
- Hawaii’s own supernatural horror comic, The Hexing, will leave you vexed at SDCC this year. You can find it at the Comickaze Art Show at Comickaze Liberty Station.
- Artist Lorelay Bové is also bringing her rendition of Themyscira’s favorite daughter to SDCC this year with her Wonder Woman gouache painting. You can find this and much more of her work at the Gallery Nucleus Booth #2643.
- Psst! Buddy! We hear there’s going to be cool swag at the Crown Booth at SDCC this year, but you didn’t hear that from Peter Clines.