We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Remember that list of 57 Funko SDCC exclusives? We might have our first glimpse of one of them, a clear Ditzy Doo variant, thanks to the clever eyes at My Little Pony News.
- Into vinyl collectibles? Then you might want to check out the final design for Scott Tolleson’s OG Bitta Critta, which is three years in the making and will be available at SDCC this year. [via Vinyl Pulse]
- Toysrevil has the scoop on another vinyl, the REVOLVER GIRL ARCTIC 6IX from Kuso Vinyl. It will be “Rotobox‘s female-Celsius form in full-on Arctic get-up”.
- Comic-Con International has named it’s 2013 recipients for the Bill Finger Award, for Excellence in Comic Book Writing.
- Hot Toys will be premiering new Captain Harlock figures at Square Enix’s booth during SDCC, along with the trailer for the new CG film. The 1/6-scale figures will be of Harlock, Kei, and the Arcadia ship. And yes, they are beautiful. [Gunjap, via @falsehorizons]
- NBC 7 San Diego says the San Diego Convention Center needs $31 million in maintenance construction, including a new roof and concrete floor, along with “new sprinklers, escalators, rest rooms and doors, along with new carpet and signage to will match the new exhibit place”.
- Comic Book Resources has the exclusive on the Chew SDCC variant, which artist Rob Guillory calls “a Tarantino”.
- There are Five Must-See Pieces of Art surrounding the San Diego Convention Center. We smell a scavenger hunt!
- The Bridge Direct announced the 7″ tall Orc Commander Azog will be The Hobbit exclusive for SDCC 2013. It will be in a numbered, limited edition of 2,600 pieces and have interchangeable hands.
“The right hand that holds Thror’s head can be replaced with a hand capable of holding either his dagger or mace, and the left hand can be switched with the prosthetic spikes that replaced the hand he lost to Thorin’s sword.”
We’ll have to wait until June 13th, however, for an official picture. Stay tuned.
- Game Rant and Ben’s Bargains are giving away an all-expenses paid trip to this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. That’s two badges, four days, three nights, airfare, transportation and even spending cash. What are you waiting for?
- MarvelousNews.com speculates that a eBay auction might have spilled the beans on an unannounced Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusive Marvel Universe Deadpool Corps Figure Set.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.