We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Factory Entertainment has announced another SDCC 2013 exclusive, a plush replica of the dolphin glove puppet used by Pam Poovey on FX’s series Archer. It’s a limited blue variant from season one, and is available at Comic-Con. An extremely limited quantity will be made available online for Factory Direct customers, so place your orders now.
- What’s it like to be the Vice President of Development for Hasbro? Collider has the interview with the man himself, Mike Vogel, where he gives a brief tease on the so-far unannounced Hasbro exclusives for this year (“We have some big news on some of our big brands coming out.”).
- For those hoping to see Jurassic Park 4 at Comic-Con next year, you might have to wait a little longer. Ain’t It Cool News captured some tweets from crew members indicating the production is now on hold. [via Slashfilm]
- We weren’t going to post this initially because it’s a little too “inside baseball”, but it’s a fascinating piece by Deadline on Marvel Studios’ contract negotiation process, and what this may mean for future Marvel films. Here’s a similar piece from The Hollywood Reporter. And then, Joss himself went on Whedonesque to dispute his reported huge payday, in typical “Joss” fashion.
Directly relating to Comic-Con, Marvel’s future contract negotiations have bearing on who or what you might be seeing on stage in Hall H in the years to come.
- Collider talks with DC’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. Comic-Con is name-dropped about a hundred times in this interview. Movies, television, animated films…man, DC is going to own SDCC this year…
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.