The team might be busy preparing for this week’s WonderCon, but that doesn’t mean we’re not continually hunting for news on this July’s San Diego Comic-Con. This week we have tons of news – including a new SDCC contest, artist and writer appearances, a new Behemoth game for the Xbox One, more exclusives and Molly Quinn! Please let it be a Castle panel…please!
And if you’re going to be in Anaheim next weekend, be sure to stop by our First Annual WonderCon Meetup Presented by Warner Archive. You’ll be glad you did!
With that said, here’s the stuff you might have missed:
- Car manufacturer Scion is giving one lucky winner and a friend a trip to San Diego during Comic-Con, including airfare, hotel and spending cash. Weirdly enough, the official rules make no mention of actual badges to get into SDCC, but hey – there’s always Nerd HQ. You can check out more about the contest via Scion’s website.
- Author of the popular series Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor, has revealed through her website events page that she will be attending the con in July. Her schedule is still to be announced.
- In answer to a fan’s question regarding SDCC exclusives, NECA revealed via its Twitter account that the company will be bringing a Pacific Rim exclusive. No word yet on whether it will be a Jaeger or Kaiju, but we will update when he have more information.
“@STUFF4U100: @NECA_TOYS will there be any pacific rim sdcc exclusives this year” yes there are plans for one
— NECA (@NECA_TOYS) April 3, 2014
- Looney Labs, a card and board game manufacturer, announced on Twitter that it will be at SDCC.
[email protected] @andrewlooney will be at SDCC this year, we will post more details on the FB page as it approaches!
— Looney Labs (@LooneyLabs) April 10, 2014
- The authors of The Fifth Beatle: The Brian Epstein Story, Vivek J. Tiwary and Andrew C. Robinson, have San Diego Comic-Con listed on their scheduled appearances.
- According to IGN, indie video game developer The Behemoth is working on a new Xbox One game. Although details about the project, tentatively titled “Game 4” are scarce, the developer did say we’d be learning more at Comic-Con this summer.
- Actress Molly Quinn announced on Twitter that she’ll be attending San Diego Comic-Con this July. Last summer she attended with The Thrilling Adventure Hour for some live theater shows, although it’s also possible that she may finally be returning for a Castle panel.
- Jennie Wood, author of the comic Flutter and other works, revealed on her website that she’ll be attending Comic-Con.
- Fans of Marvel artist John Romita Jr. can only find him at one place this summer: Comic-Con. Florida Super Con sent out a press release announcing that due to a family tragedy, Romita will be canceling all other appearances this year.
- Canadian-based movie and TV studio Bron Studios announced on Twitter that it will be promoting its latest animated project at Comic-Con.
Well, it's official… We'll be at #SDCC2014 in July to promote our newest animated project. See you there!
— BRON (@BronStudios) April 11, 2014
- Comic book writer Felipe Smith announced via Twitter he will be attending SDCC and WonderCon.
@JD_Boucher Hey! At the moment, I've only got plans to attend San Diego Comic-Con and WonderCon in Anaheim.
— Felipe Smith (@FelipeTweeters) April 6, 2014
- UK comics publisher and home of Judge Dread, 2000AD, has announced via Twitter it will be back at its usual spot on the exhibit floor, booth #2806.
@Whos_Nick We'll be in our usual spot at SDCC – booth 2806!
— 2000 AD Comics (@2000AD) April 6, 2014
- Breygent Marketing, Inc. showed off a sneak peek on Facebook of some of its Dynamite Entertainment Limited Edition Sketch Art Cards, to be released at SDCC this year.
And in another Facebook post, showing off the “Women of Dynamite” sketch art cards.
- David Mack, New York Times best selling author and artist for Marvel’s Daredevil, will be at the Century Guild booth during Comic-Con selling his new art book, which is currently in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign.
,@Agentkabuki Yes see U at SDCC! I'm at the booth of @centuryguild gallery. The gallery offering my new art book https://t.co/1wTyp4CmKM TY!
— David Mack (@davidmackkabuki) April 13, 2014
- Disney comics artist James Silvani will be previewing his new book, Draw-A-Saurus, at SDCC, which will be released this September, he announced via Twitter.
Out in September so I won't have them 'til @NY_Comic_Con
Preview at @Comic_Con “@jessiesarah:Are you selling this at any convention soon?”
— James Silvani (@SilvaniArt) April 14, 2014
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.