Today’s edition of Under the Tents has a lot of hints about possible bigger plans brewing. Hasbro confirms that they’re planning another Kre-O San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, a panel for The Maze Runner author James Dashner could potentially spell a return of the franchise to the 20th Century Fox Hall H stage, there are panel confirmations… There’s a lot going on, and we’ve tried to capture it all.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Actress, model, and wardrobe stylist Rana McAnear will be doing autograph signings during Comic-Con this year. You can find her upstairs in Sails, at Autograph Booth #AA23, on Thursday from 10AM-2:30PM, Friday 10AM-2:30PM, Saturday 2:30PM-7PM, and Sunday 1:30PM-5PM.
Thurs AA23 10:00AM-2:30
Fri AA23 10:00AM – 2:30
Sat AA23 2:30PM – 7:00
Sun AA23 1:30PM – 5:00
Hope to see you there!
— Rana McAnear (@rana_mary) May 21, 2015
- Hasbro paid out their San Diego Comic-Con panel plans, but news on their exclusives has been slow to come by. However, the toy giant recently made a statement to Seibertron.com, a Transformers news site, promising a Kre-o exclusive. Here’s the full statement, from Seibertron’s website:
As of this moment, there are no plans for the 2015 KRE-O Transformers: Robots in Disguise line, currently available in Canada, to be available for purchase in the U.S. However, we do have some exciting KRE-O special edition items planned for San Diego Comic-Con, and we look forward to sharing details about those soon, as well as more news about the future of the KRE-O brand.
Here’s a look at last year’s KREO-O Hasbro exclusive:
- Cartoonist Paul Dini revealed on Twitter that he’ll be appearing on his first San Diego Comic-Con panel. There are no further details yet about the panel, but he promised more information is coming soon.
Just booked my first panel for SDCC. It has nothing to do with me, but I'm thrilled to be there. More info coming soon.
— Paul_Dini (@Paul_Dini) May 21, 2015
- Obsessed with Jurassic Park? Then you might head over to table J-7 during the convention, to check out the new location for Jurassic Park Collectibles.
I got a better location for my Jurassic Park Collectibles table at San Diego Comic-Con this July.The new location is table J-7. See u there!
— Farrin Rosenthal (@iH8MondaysMovie) May 20, 2015
- The Ranger Board has announced some details about Power Rangers actors who will be appearing at this year’s convention. You can catch Power Rangers Super Megaforce‘s Andrew Gray and Ciara Hanna, as well as Power Rangers Lost Galaxy‘s Reggie Rolls, during the con. They will be doing autograph signings, and times and the booth number will be revealed closer to the show.
- Space Command, a series of new and original feature films written, produced, directed by, and starring sci-fi visionaries, has had an annual panel at Comic-Con the last few years – and it looks like this year will be no different.
— Ethan McDowell (@EthanMcDowell12) May 20, 2015
- Romina Russell, author of the Zodiac Books series, mentioned on Twitter that the first outing for her upcoming book Wandering Star appears to be Comic-Con.
@Bookz4Nerdz Sadly, no. 🙁 I think WS's first outing will be at #SDCC2015. <3
— Romina Russell (@RominaRussell) May 20, 2015
- Comic writer Amy Chu announced via Twitter that while she won’t be exhibiting at this year’s convention, she will be on “at least one panel”. More information still TBA.
#SDCC is upon us again, and I will be on at least one panel but no table! I can't take the mad crowdz!!
— A M Y C H U writes comics☕️🍩 @Denver ComicCon A22 (@AmyChu) May 20, 2015
- The manga company Seven Seas announced that they’ll be exhibiting at this year’s convention.
@thousandlights_ Yes, we'll be at SDCC this year. –CC
— Seven Seas (@gomanga) May 20, 2015
- Doomed: The Untold Story of Roger Corman’s “The Fantastic Four”, a documentary about the troubled 1994 production of The Fantastic Four, will be making its world premiere at Comic-Con. There’s no word yet on whether this is an offsite or part of the Comic-Con International Film Festival, but we’ll share more information once we have it.
- Comic writer and novelist Robert Venditti will be part of the Superpowers & Ordinary Superheroes panel on Sunday, July 12, from 10AM-11AM in Room 25ABC. The panel, which includes Robert Hartman, James Dashner, AG Howard, Marie Lu, Noelle Stevenson, and Venditti, will focus on everyday heroes in media, from movies to TV to books. This could also potentially explain Dashner’s mention that he’ll be at Comic-Con – but we’re still rooting for another appearance for The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
- Author Nick Cole, best known for The Old Man and the Wasteland, announced on Twitter that he will be appearing at SDCC 2015, as part of Harper Voyager’s Comic-Con plans. Our guess? Probably an appearance, and possibly a signing, at the Harper Collins booth.
— Nick Cole (@NickColeBooks) May 20, 2015
- UDON Entertainment took to Twitter to reveal that they are partnering with Japanese figure maker SpiceSeed for a collaboration, set to debut at SDCC.
Japan Figure Maker SPICESEED X UDON, debut at SDCC!! Guess what it is? Pic to soon follow 🙂 @Spice_Seed
— UDON (@UdonEnt) May 20, 2015
Here’s a look at the figure, from SpiceSeed:
ストリートファイター初の公式水着フィギュアになる模様。責任重大です;^_^A 今夏アメリカデビューです！ 追ってTwitterで発表します。 pic.twitter.com/TOp9r9UhwN
— SpiceSeed (@Spice_Seed) May 20, 2015
- Holman Wang, one half of the minds behind Star Wars Epic Yarns will be at Comic-Con, according to his Twitter account that he shares with his brother and co-author Jack Wang.
— Holman Wang (+ Jack) (@JackandHolman) May 21, 2015
- The PREVIEWS panel, which focuses on Diamond Previews, is returning to Comic-Con. You can swing by Room 8 on Thursday, July 9 at 12:30PM to hear all the latest news.
— PREVIEWSworld (@PREVIEWSworld) May 21, 2015