Didn’t we just have one of these yesterday? And the day before? Well, yes, we did – but there’s still plenty of San Diego Comic-Con news left to share with our readers, including first looks at The Loyal Subject’s SDCC exclusive, word of a Vikings figure headed to the con, autograph and panel news, and even some info on how to score reservations at the popular eatery Nobu.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Author Mari Naomi revealed on Twitter that she’ll be on a panel at San Diego Comic-Con called Generations of Women in Comics, featuring Trina Robbins, Mary Fleener, and Anina Bennett. The panel date she posted says July 24, 2016 (Friday) — so we’re not sure if the panel is really Sunday, July 24 or Friday, July 22. Either way, it will be at 3:30PM.
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS AMAZING PANEL I'M GONNA BE ON AT COMIC-CON pic.twitter.com/hUl8rlpTGw
— MariNaomi (@marinaomi) June 9, 2016
- Occasionally, you might want to eat at Comic-Con (weird, right?). When you do, Nobu is a good option, as it’s both close and delicious. They’ve got instructions for how to make reservations during San Diego Comic-Con on their site.
- Masked Republic, who specialize in Lucha Libre events, revealed that several performers will be heading to the Headlocked Comics booth during the convention. More details TBA.
— Masked Republic (@maskedrepublic) June 13, 2016
- This should come as no surprise, but Mondo – the makers of incredible pop culture posters and vinyl – won’t be doing pre-orders for their SDCC releases, as per usual.
no, unfortunately no pre-orders for SDCC releases
— MONDO (@MondoNews) June 13, 2016
- The Fangirl Life author Kathleen Smith will be at San Diego Comic-Con this year, with more information soon about her appearance.
- Comic book artist J. Scott Campbell will be at San Diego Comic-Con, and it looks like his exclusive Betty and Veronica covers will be at the con. From earlier this month, here’s a look at his cover:
— J. Scott Campbell (@JScottCampbell) June 13, 2016
- Toy buyer Steven Anne will be on a toy panel this year, with exact details still TBA.
- Do you want to get paid to attend San Diego Comic-Con? A “major television network at Comic-Con” is currently seeking brand ambassadors to work Thursday – Sunday to promote the network’s shows by delivering key talking points, assisting with photo giveaway elements, and providing a positive brand experience. You can find more information, and apply, on EPS Talent.
- Colleen Houch, author of the Tiger’s Curse series, revealed via Twitter that she will be at SDCC this year.
— Colleen Houck (@ColleenHouck) June 13, 2016
- Author Seanan McGuire announced that you’ll be able to pick up free color versions of a new map for the world of her series October Daye. Grab the maps at the Penguin Booth while supplies last.
If you're coming to @Comic_Con, you can get an early look at the new October Daye map, with a FREE COLOR VERSION at the Penguin Booth!
— Seanan McGuire (@seananmcguire) June 13, 2016
- Crocheter and artist Jennifer Nolan showed off the world’s most adorable crocheted cacti, which can be found at her booth at the con. #cactiofinstagram, indeed. Jennifer made a second post, giving a closer look at crocheted cacti with a top hat.
- For collectors of popart and toys, RYCA is bringing 65 numbered and signed Art trooper 2 Basquiat edition to SDCC.
- Brittney Lee announced on her Instagram account that she will be headed to SDCC as she is starting to plan on what to bring. Let her know what you’d be interested in seeing from her!
- The Motion Picture Costumers Union apparently has some BIG plans for SDCC this year. The tease was mentioned in this post on Instagram.
- Iconic Inks will be doing several CGC Signature Series signing opportunities at SDCC. This includes Stan Lee! Their Instagram post explains how to get the process started with Iconic Inks if you’re interested.
- Artist Elias Chatzoudis will be heading to SDCC and is open for pre-commissions! Elias’ tweet reveals his entire con schedule for the rest of the year.
— Elias Chatzoudis (@Chatgr) June 13, 2016
- Voice over actress Anna Brisbin will indeed be at SDCC though her tweet says the “majority of the weekend”.
YES! I intend to be at San Diego Comic Con for the majority of the weekend! 😀 https://t.co/OgIPHUvGyX
— Anna Brisbin 🍂✨ (@BrizzyVoices) June 14, 2016
- The question on everyone’s minds: Will this finally be the year that Netflix shows up with an official presence? Although actress
- , it was never a certainty that she’ll be there to promote
Marvel’s Jessica Jones
- . But now actor Peter Shinkoda, in
- being at SDCC, said he’ll be there Saturday afternoon. Peter, known for his role as Nobu on
- , doesn’t specify why he will be there though – but it seems just a little more possible.
I'll be there until Saturday afternoon!!!! #SDCC I'm gonna cash in that drink!!!!
— Peter Shinkoda (@PeterShinkoda) June 9, 2016
- Shannon Lee, a tattoo artist, announced via Instagram that she’ll be working at the Green Hills Entertainment Booth #1621 during Comic-Con, where she’ll be offering new art, prints, and other merchandise.
- FanSets – the makers of cool, collectible pins – will have exclusive products for sale at both The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum booth and the Stan Lee Collectibles booth. You can read more about it on their site.
- Actress Carrie Henn will be signing autographs at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con! Our best guess? She may be signing for NECA, who have an Aliens Newt SDCC exclusive action figure this year, which Henn herself unveiled on Twitter earlier this year.
— Carrie Henn (@RealCarrieHenn) June 14, 2016
- The Loyal Subjects gave another tease for their upcoming San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, this time for two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures.
- Break out the drinking horns, as it looks like Chronicle Collectibles may have a 1/6 scale collectible figure for Vikings at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. They posted this teaser image on Twitter:
— Chronicle (@ChronicleLLC) June 14, 2016
- HangingChad Entertainment will have lots to offer attendees at Small Press Booth #L-09, where they’ll be offering two complete volumes of the critically acclaimed superhero crime noir thriller The Adventures of Mighty Moose, as well as a handful of homage prints of Mighty Moose. Here’s a look at one of the prints: