It’s getting to be that time of year again – so we’ve got tons of SDCC news coming your way today, in the form of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles panels, SherlockeDCC offsites, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Trend Setters Ltd. will be offering two San Diego Comic-Con exclusives this year, in the form of morphing mugs, who transform right before your eyes with the addition of heat (so perfect for coffee!). This year’s designs feature Harley Quinn in both her classic DC Comics look, as well as the updated Suicide Squad look. You can pick them up at Booth #4730, and you can find more information on their website.
- Artist Mike Hampton’s website lists that he’ll be exhibiting at the convention this year.
- Artist Terry Dodson’s latest sketchbook will be available at SDCC, according to his blog. Here’s a look at the cover of Terry Dodson’s Bombshells Sketchbook Collection 2:
- Newsprints creator Ru Xu announced via Twitter that she will be at SDCC this year as part of Scholastic’s booth, and that there will be previews of Newsprints.
Also! I will be at San Diego Comic Con with Scholastic and previews of NEWSPRINTS! 💖✨ If you're going, please visit us! 😀
— Ru Xu ☕️ AnimeExpo (@ruemxu) June 14, 2016
- Toy and entertainment company 3A unveiled a look at Evenfall T.O.T.E.M. Thug Pugillo, which will be available at SDCC, as well as Bambaland and Wonderfest.
- The Baker Street Babes revealed a look at one of the Sherlock fanart pieces that attendees of SherlockeDCC will receive, by artist @awellkeptsecret.
— Baker Street Babes (@BakerStBabes) June 14, 2016
- Instagram user @therealvioletpie revealed some miniature pig figures, headed for SDCC at the Rivet Gallery booth.
- Gifts by Small Fry, who specialize in memorabilia and authentic autographs, will be at Booth #4431 this year where they’ll have “lots of new autographed photos, art, & more”.
Hope you come see us at @Comic_Con in Booth 4431. We have lots of new autographed photos, art & more! Specifics to follow in new tweets!
— Gifts by Small Fry (@GiftsBySmallFry) June 14, 2016
- Cowabunga! Good news, Turtles fans – Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is back with another panel this year, featuring at least voice actor Rob Paulsen. He’ll also be signing autographs and “something for WB”.
I am! TMNT panel and autographs and something for WB. RT @knikkiknack: please please please tell me you are going to be at SDCC16🙌🏻
— Rob Paulsen (@yakkopinky) June 13, 2016
- When asked if she’d be appearing at the convention to promote Riverdale (the CW’s take on Archie comics), actress Lili Reinhart gave a coy answer. This doesn’t confirm anything — but it also doesn’t count them out.
— Lili Reinhart (@lilireinhart) May 21, 2016
- Artist Maximilian Uriarte will be on a panel about graphic novels on Friday, July 21, at 10AM. Further details still TBA.
I will be at SDCC on July 21st on a panel about Graphic Novels at 10am! https://t.co/okg77BuFRf
— Maximilian Uriarte (@TLCplMax) June 14, 2016
- Super Video Game Land is coming back to SDCC 2016 – and video game rapper Mega Ran will be at the party at Mission Brewery. Full reveals to come soon.
- Joe Kelly from Man of Action and co-creator of titles such as Ben 10 will be at SDCC! His tweet to a fan mentions a few signings at the Image Comics booth and maybe a panel or two.
— Joe Kelly (@JoeKellyMOA) June 15, 2016
- VP and Editor-In-Chief of Aspen Comics, Vince Hernandez, announced on Twitter he will be doing portfolio reviews at SDCC. Bring your A game!
Artists, I'm pleased to announce for the first time I'm doing portfolio reviews at the big show, SDCC, next month. See you there. #SDCC2016
— Vince Hernandez (@VinceHernandez8) June 15, 2016
- Want to learn how to speak Dothraki (honestly, who doesn’t)? Stop by Living Language’s booth during SDCC to get a Dothraki sample lesson. You can find the Living Language at booth #1515 according to a recent tweet.
— Language learner (@words_fan) June 15, 2016
- Looking for ways to get a legitimate badge for SDCC? Many companies look for volunteers to work their booth including Ninja Division. The board game company is looking for a few hours of work in return you’ll receive a four day SDCC badge according to a recent tweet.
We're looking for 1 more Ninja Corps volunteer for an event at SDCC! 4 3hr shifts = free 4 day pass. Must know SDE, NAS. Reply to us here.
— Ninja Division (@ninjadiv) June 15, 2016
- What could this teaser be from Entertainment Earth? Whatever it is, expect the reveal to be on June 21.
— Entertainment Earth (@EntEarth) June 15, 2016
- Bleeding Cool revealed that Rob Williams and Jim Lee’s Suicide Squad April Fool’s Special will be available for free at the DC Comics booth at SDCC.
- Tom Breyer, President of Breygent Marketing Inc, posted on his Facebook page that they will be selling American Horror Story San Diego Comic-Con 5 Packs limited to 250 packs, as well as San Diego Comic Con Super Special Sketch 5 Packs with 1 “Special” Sketch limited to 275 packs. The site lists possible sketches done by 19 different artists but notes that list is subject to change. Check out the link for all the details.
- Felix Comic Art reported on Twitter that comic book artist and character designer Juan Gedeon will be doing commissions at SDCC. Contact for details.
— Felix Comic Art (@FelixComicArt) June 15, 2016
- Musician Marian Call took to Twitter to announce she will be performing at her annual Comic-Con show called Space Time on Friday, July 22. A separate tweet states tickets go live in a few days and one last tweet elaborates that the venue will be in Little Italy but doesn’t get more specific. Stay tuned to her feed if you are interested.
Friends in San Diego and coming to SDCC, I have good news — my annual Friday night show, Space Time, is gonna be GREAT. Plan on it!
— Marian Call (@mariancall) June 15, 2016
- Wondering who the best comic retailers are? Well, look no further than this year’s list of the 2016 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award nominees.