There was a whole lot of news today – from 21 WB TV panels to the entire line-up of Bandai San Diego Comic-Con exclusives. But that doesn’t mean that was all the news, as we have some additional cast for those WB panels, news of 3D printed candy, word on Doug Jones and Janet Varney, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- You can get your sugar fix during SDCC thanks to the SweeTart Truck. A Facebook post recently revealed that the truck will be present during SDCC and will have a 3D printer producing candy, so color me interested! As SweeTart is a sponsor of EW’s Con-X offsite, it wouldn’t be surprising to find the truck there.
- Korra fans brace yourselves for the new bit of news that Janet Varney will not be at SDCC. A tweet from the voice of Korra recently revealed that she will be filming in Atlanta.
I was supposed to be doing a bunch of stuff there…. But looks like I'll still be shooting in ATL!
— janet varney (@janetvarney) June 25, 2016
- Lolligag showed off some cute handmade crochet Moots that will be made available in super limited quantities at SDCC.
- Stern Pinball will be coming to SDCC, and a recent poster showed off some things you’ll find at their booth. Stern Pinball will also be hosting a a signing for Slayer on Friday at 1PM. You can find their booth at #501 during the con.
- Comedian and actor Josh Robert Thompson recently took to Twitter to an answer a fan about a con appearance. He will be at SDCC in some capacity at least!
- Two big names in the comic book world will not be making the trek to SDCC next month as Dan Slott and Jim Steranko both mentioned on Twitter that will not be attending.
.@DAvallone Hey, David! I'm crushed to say I'll be MIA for SDCC this year–which means you'll have to get into TROUBLE on your own, amigo!
— Jim Steranko (@iamsteranko) June 27, 2016
- Speaking of those who won’t be at the convention – actor Doug Jones, who was previously reported to be in attendance for a Space Command panel, also won’t be making the trek this year after all due to filming.
Unfortunately no, I will be filming and unable to attend #SDCC this year 😭
— Doug Jones (@actordougjones) June 26, 2016
- Are you a fan of Lucha Libre? Then head to the Nuclear Blast Records Booth #501 on Saturday, July 23 at 1PM for a signing with El Hijo del Santo and Santo Jr. for a special signing. There will also be an exclusive lithograph designed by artist Marcelo Vasco only available at SDCC as well.
- In addition to the previously reported panel for Penn Zero, creator Sam Levine also promises that there will be a signing and new swag.
— Sam Levine (@Sam_Levine) June 26, 2016
- With all of that awesome WB TV panel news this morning, one thing was notably missing: The cast in attendance for the majority of shows. However, that doesn’t mean that actors haven’t started announcing on their own, so here’s a quick round-up of that:
Brandon Routh will be in attendance for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
— Brandon Routh (@BrandonJRouth) June 27, 2016
Actress Madelaine Petsch will be at the panel for Riverdale.
It's official see u there 🎉 https://t.co/pLn1YiF9mQ
— Madelaine Petsch (@madelainepetsch) June 27, 2016
Fans of Arrow can look forward to seeing Echo Kellum.
— Echo Kellum (@EchoK) June 27, 2016
For The Flash, both Keiynan Lonsdale and Danielle Panabaker will be in attendance.
— Keiynan Lonsdale 🌈 (@KeiynanLonsdale) June 27, 2016
— Danielle Panabaker (@dpanabaker) June 27, 2016
Arthur Darville will join Routh on the Legends of Tomorrow panel.
— Arthur Darvill (@RattyBurvil) June 27, 2016
And Rob Benedict and Richard Speight are returning to moderate the Supernatural panel.
— Rob Benedict (@RobBenedict) June 27, 2016