Yesterday, we were pleased to bring you a double-shot of yummy UTT goodness. Today’s UTT isn’t quite as jam-packed as yesterday’s, but it certainly has good stuff in it. Today’s SDCC news runs the gamut from adorable to downright weird. Either way, we think you’ll enjoy what we have for you.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- By now, you’ve probably heard that Disney is bringing back one of its most beloved cartoons, DuckTales (Woo-oo!). Ahead of its premier in late August and September, IDW will have new DuckTales comics as SDCC exclusives, followed by a mass roll-out.
- Patrick Ballesteros latest new 25 Cent Wonder is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (and James Gunn thinks so too!). The Mary Poppins and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 mash-up is amazing, and will be available for sale at San Diego Comic-Con at Ballesteros’ table in Artist Alley.
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) June 14, 2017
- Comic book retailer KRS Comics is hosting bestselling artist Tyler Kirkham at their SDCC Booth #5559. He’ll only be there Friday and Saturday, so if you’d like him to sign something for you, stop by then.
— KRSCOMICS (@krscomics) June 13, 2017
- Local San Diego artist Gabriel Eltaeb is supporting The Hero Initiative’s fundraiser by donating this piece. You can find and bid on it at Basic Bar/Pizza on Preview Night from 9PM to 1AM PT. Don’t forget to stop by the UBlog’s meet-up, 2Blog 2Furious, at McFadden’s, too.
- Hyperactive Monkey artist Jerome Lu shared via Instagram that Black Mechannita will be the last colorway of the Monkey Mech Girl. She’ll be available at SDCC this year.
- We’ve shared in previous UTTs about artist Miso, aka Karen Hsiao, and all she’s bringing to SDCC this year. Now, it appears she’s even bringing an army of bun buns with her.
- Artist Camilla d’Errico added a new creature to her “Surreal Safari” series for SDCC. Meet Dandy Lion. She’ll have Dandy and the rest of her safari available at Booth #4723.
- Artist Justin Harder just got his proof back for his new work, Middle School Earth, and he’s pretty pleased with it, as are we. What’s even more exciting is that it will be available in time for him to bring it with him to SDCC this year. Stop by Small Press Booth #O-08 to find this and more of Harder’s work.
- There are some things, good or bad, you just can’t unsee. Dave Dwonch’s Game of Justice poster is one of those things. This mash-up of Justice League of America and Game of Thrones is set to debut at SDCC this year. He’s only bringing 50 of these 18×24 posters with him, so order now to snag your very own Joffrey the Monkey for just $40.
— Dave Dwonch makes stuff! (@davedwonch) June 14, 2017
- You ask, they answer (sometimes). Best selling author and artist Tony S. Daniel was asked if he’s attending SDCC this year, and he responded with a resounding yes. Look for panels and signings at the DC Booth from him.
Yes. I will be at #SDCC this year, Donna!
— Tony S Daniel (@TonyDanielx2) June 14, 2017
- Artist Jen Bartel hasn’t opened her SDCC commissions just yet. She still has Heroes Con to get through, but she plans to open her SDCC commissions shortly thereafter this month.
- Local San Diego artist Scott Hattox is pretty excited about SDCC (we don’t blame him). He’ll be at Booth #1829, where he’s offering a free print to all members of the 501st Legion organization.
- Disney artist Lorelay Bove added another piece she’ll have available at SDCC. Her mini paintings of Poison Ivy can be found with her at the Gallery Nucleus booth.
- Wayward Raven teased a few images from their new one-shot set to release at SDCC this year, inFusion, a sci-fi oddity. This will be their first year at San Diego Comic-Con International, so let’s welcome them warmly and show them some love.
— Wayward Raven (@waywardraven) June 14, 2017
- More Great Art announced that artist Randy Green is taking SDCC commissions. If interested, email them at email@example.com to place your order. Details about Randy Green’s commissions can be found here.
Randy Green is now accepting commissions for Pick-Up in SDCC.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at… https://t.co/kkw2hPWDm1
— Mike (@MOREGREATART) June 14, 2017
- Catch up on all of Raven Moon’s adventures in Kymera Press’s Gates of Midnight series before her triumphant return in issues #7 and #8 to debut at SDCC.
— Kymera Press (@KymeraPress) June 14, 2017
- Toy brand Mega Construx teased a sneak peek at their latest SDCC exclusive. Are you worthy?
— Mega Construx (@MegaConstrux) June 14, 2017
- Randy Martinez tweeted another image of a piece he’ll have available at SDCC this year. Look for him at Choice Art Group’s Booth #4219 on Thursday from 2PM to 6PM, where he will be doing live painting.
- Artist Martin Hsu showed off the first Kindreds Figure Artist Series resin sculptures that will debut at SDCC. Look for Hsu, Emma SanCartier, Mark Nagata, Jeremiah Ketner, Kozyndan, and Nicole Gustafson at Booth #4530.
— Martin Hsu 徐 👨🏻🎨 (@MartinHsu) June 14, 2017
- Wayward Raven isn’t the only newbie at SDCC this year. Shelly from inki-Drop announced she will have a booth at SDCC this year for the first time as well. Let’s welcome her and show her some SDCC love, too.
— shelly @ Dokomi (@inki_drop) June 14, 2017
- James Silvani is no stranger to SDCC or cons in general. He’s bringing some new hand-drawn headshots with him to SDCC this year, including these sci-fi/fantasy-themed ones.
- Artist Rhiannon Owens pays homage to some of the strongest female cartoon characters in her latest piece, which she’ll have available at SDCC at Table #FF-03.
— Rhiannon Owens (@RhiannonDrewIt) June 14, 2017