Your “Twofer Tuesday” continues with your double-shot of Under the Tents. SDCC news has evolved from a trickle to a steady stream. Soon, it will be flowing like rapids as Comic-Con approaches. Grab your canoe and paddle and prepare for rough seas as we bring you all the news we could find.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Mattel is still mum about any product information for SDCC 2017. Has anyone reminded them that there are only 36 days until San Diego Comic-Con International? The natives are getting restless.
At this time, we don’t have any information about product at SDCC. We're sorry!
— MATTEL (@Mattel) June 13, 2017
- Artist Sean Tiffany is resurrecting his 1998 self-published graphic novel, Exit 6, and bringing it with him to SDCC 2017 to tell its story.
- There are plenty of shenanigans and tomfoolery to be found at SDCC. Bill Robinson adds to the mayhem with his book, Flimflammery, Vol. 2, set to premier at SDCC this year.
- It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s… not quite done yet. Artist Christopher Uminga is very anxious for SDCC to see his Superman design come to life. It’s being sculpted by Joe Menna and and art directed by Brian Walters, so this really is a team effort. Find the finished product at DC Collectibles’ space in Artists Alley.
- Are you still looking for a San Diego Comic-Con badge? Well, Symbiote Studios may just have the answer to your Comic-Con prayers! They are still in need of volunteers to help out, and promise it’s only a half day schedule.
We are STILL looking for fun volunteers for #SDCC2017 Free merch, fun and half day schedule. If interested send funny picture of yourself
— Symbiote Studios® | Toy Manufacturer (@symbiotestudios) June 8, 2017
- Felix Comic Art is currently taking SDCC commissions for Juan Gedeon’s work. You do not need to attend SDCC to order a commission. Visit their website to contact them.
— Felix Comic Art (@FelixComicArt) June 8, 2017
- Artist Todd Nauck has more details about his appearance at SDCC this year. You’ll find him at Artist Alley at Table #II-01. His convention commission process is fairly involved, so you’ll want to read through his procedure here very carefully (there’s a code word involved). Also, if you’d like him to sign his cover art for you, here is a list of covers he will sign for a nominal fee of $5.
- Jason Muhr and Markisan Naso, the artists behind Voracious, will bring their SDCC exclusive Voracious #1 cover and Voracious: Appetite for Destruction ashcan to SDCC’s Artists Alley Table #CC-15. Hopefully, Guns-N-Roses doesn’t see their ashcan title. We hear Axl likes to sue.
— VORACIOUS (@VoraciousComic) June 12, 2017
- Artist Andrew C. Robinson has commissions open for SDCC. You don’t have to attend SDCC to order, but attendees do get first priority. Contact Essential Sequential (@sequenceart on Twitter) to order.
- Have you ever wanted to attend SDCC like Stan Lee? Put on your Members Only jacket and order this month’s Stan Lee Box, and you’ll get his exclusive Stan Lee Comic-Con backpack.
- The moose is loose! Josh Warner will have his comic, The Adventures of Mighty Moose, at his Small Press Table #L-09.
— J. Lynn Warner (@josh_L_warner) June 13, 2017
- Look for Gene Turnbow from Krypton Radio to be on not one, but two SDCC panels this year. Keep an eye on our List of Announced Panels for more details.
- Remember the good ol’ days, when we used to hang out at arcades with pockets full of quarters? The beeps and bloops of Pac-Man and Space Invaders filling the room? If you have no idea what we’re talking about, ask your parents. You could also stop and see game console makers Behemoth at SDCC and see what they’re up to. They’re making some classic video game cabinets, and SDCC is on their list of stops.
- Artist Sara Richard shared a sneak peek at a new enamel pin she’s designed as part of a collection for SDCC this year.
- One of our favorite artists here at the UBlog, Patrick Ballesteros, wants to show his appreciation for all the love and support he’s received for his work by giving away this Lando pin to anyone who buys something from him on Preview Night at SDCC. Pretty smooth, Patrick.
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) June 13, 2017
- If you thought the Venom art in our earlier post was terrifying, we have more for you. Artist Greg Horn has some Edge of Venomverse images to keep us up tonight.
- Artist Randy Martinez shared his King Kong art he’ll have with him at the Choice Art Group SDCC Booth #4219. He’ll be at the booth on Thursday from 2PM – 6PM PT, but we’re not sure if he’ll be signing anything or not.
- In life, we’re often told that it’s good to set goals. Pin-up artist Nicole Brune has set some ambitious goals for her appearance at SDCC. She intends to have ten pieces to release at her booth at SDCC, and she’s well on her way to achieving that. Swing by Booth #5007 to see her, her work, and some of her friends.
- Stanley ArtgermTM Lau has “something interesting” he’s bringing with him to SDCC this year. Hmm…
- Four Horsemen Toy Design posted a cryptic image to their Facebook page as a teaser for SDCC. Apparently, they love punctuation as much as they love designing toys.
- Artist/children’s book author Marie “Dr.” Zhivago is holding a panel at SDCC about how she overcame her struggles with ADD and dyslexia to write and illustrate her book. She will hold this panel after her all-kids panel, so keep an eye on our List of Announced Panels for more information.
- Artist Dustin Nguyen responded to a Twitter fan, informing them that he will be at SDCC this year in Artists Alley.
- Can you have a con within a con? Has SDCC grown that large? Ben, the founder of AwesomeCon, thinks he can. Swing by Booth#820, and if Ben isn’t napping, he’ll tell you all about AwesomeCon.
- Heidi Tandy liked the Harry Potter-themed t-shirt Brad Meltzer designed so much, she couldn’t keep it to herself. She plans to give one away to a lucky fan at her Harry Potter fandom panel at SDCC this year.
— Heidi Tandy (my tweets are not legal advice) 💫 (@travelingheidi) June 11, 2017
- There’s no place like… SDCC? Click your heels together three times and stop by artist Sho Murase’s Table #GG-24 in Artists Alley to find her latest Wizard of Oz Dorothy piece.
- Lucha Libre wrestling promoters Masked Republic plan to announce their SDCC exclusives within the next few days. These exclusives will be available at SDCC and on their site, LuchaShop.com, during SDCC. Once the con is over, though, the exclusives will be gone, too.
This year's SDCC exclusives are going to be 🔥🔥🔥. We'll be announcing them soon & like last year, will be avail @ LuchaShop only SDCC days.
— Masked Republic (@maskedrepublic) June 13, 2017