With a mere 36 days until SDCC 2017, The SDCC Unofficial Blog is pleased to present a double-shot of UTT today. We couldn’t contain all the yummy SDCC news in one post, so you will be treated with two editions of Under the Tents today. Let’s jump right into the first of our “Twofer Tuesday” posts.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Our last UTT had some great Wynonna Earp news, so why don’t we keep that trend going? Wynonna Earp creator Beau Smith posted that he will be at SDCC this year with the rest of the cast. There’s still no further information on the party or panel, but we’re seeing some great additions to those who are actually attending.
— BeauSmithRanch (@BeauSmithRanch) June 12, 2017
- Do you believe that Wash lives? When you drive, are you a leaf on the wind? If so, the California Browncoats need your help. They’re looking for volunteers for SDCC 2017 to help them set up/tear down, sell merch, solicit donations, run charity drawings, and maybe manage a line or two if a celebrity signer shows up at Booth #A-07/A-08. They’re only asking for a one-hour commitment, and for that, you’ll get discounts on whatever merch they have at the booth. If you’d like to volunteer, fill out their form here. They can’t provide you with an SDCC badge, though, so you’ll need to have one of those if you’re interested. If you’re joining their crew, make sure you fill out your form by 6PM PT July 12.
- Artist Rosemary Reeve screams for an ice cream texture, which she gave to her “Ice Cream Kitty” she’ll have at SDCC 2017.
— Rosemary Reeve (@rosemaryreeve) June 12, 2017
- Comic book writer/artist Steve Bryant has his SDCC 2017 commission list open. Email him at SteveBryantArt@gmail.com to reserve your place on his commission list. Find more info and samples of his work here.
— Steve Bryant (@SteveBryantArt) June 12, 2017
- SDCC mainstay Felicia Day is everywhere these days. Her Comic-Con schedule is often pretty packed, but she tweeted that she and other members of The Guild will be having a signing sometime Friday afternoon. Details are still coming, but we are pretty confident this will be happening in the Sails Pavilion with the rest of the autographs.
We are having a signing in the autograph area on site on Friday late afternoon. Details tba!
— Felicia Day (@feliciaday) June 10, 2017
- There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The San Diego Star Wars Society certainly has. For the 16th year in a row, the Lucasfilm-approved charitable organization will have their Star Wars fan table set up at SDCC this year.
- You’ve heard us mention Kymera Press in regards to SDCC many times with their Pet Noir series. They’re not all about fluffy kitties, however. The prolific artists and writers at Kymera Press will also have Issues 7 and 8 of their Gates of Midnight series debuting at SDCC this year.
— Kymera Press (@KymeraPress) June 12, 2017
- Artist Randy Martinez has some new Godzilla art ready for SDCC 2017. Find him and his work at the Choice Art Group Booth #4219 on the Exhibit Room floor, and Martinez will at the booth on Thursday, July 20 from 2PM-6PM.
— Randy Martinez (@RandyMartinez40) June 12, 2017
- It’s morphin’ time! Jason Ybarra, better known as Red Ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, will be at SDCC from Thursday to Sunday. Details on exact times and booth are coming soon.
View this post on Instagram
thanks to @bboyrealm I'll be joining some of my other cast mates from @powerrangers at #sdcc2017 I'll be there all 4 days! times and booth location announced soon. . . . . . . #sandiegocomiccon #comiccon #mmpr #Powerrangers #MightyMorphinPowerRangers #Powerrangersmovie #tmnt #ninjaturtles #teenagemutantninjaturtles #cosplay #sandiego #eventblogger #travelblogger #setlife #IwasCosplayBeforeCosplayWasCool
- Toy designer Dollar Slice Bootleg gave a first look at at a Junkie The Krusty Clown SDCC exclusive which will be available through DKE.
- Spam and ramen seem like an unlikely combination. Even Monty Python’s Flying Circus might balk a little at the thought. But artist Nan Hockin will be offering both as enamel pins when she comes to SDCC this year.
- Neacol and Stanley Miller, the artists behind Bling Squared Cute Glass, showed off some more of their glass work they’re bringing with them to SDCC. First is a MEGA Dragon Stacker followed by some Chibi Unicorns.
View this post on Instagram
We forgot to post our other MEGA Dragon Stacker from Wednesday's Twitch! So here are both our giant cuties. 🙂 heading to Anime Expo and SDCC next month. #twitch #twitchcreative #glass #glassdragon #glasssculpture #torchwork #lampwork #flamework #softglass #sodalime #coe104 #cute #kawaii #chibi #popsurrealism #lowbrowart #sculpture #designertoys #sdcc2017 #sdcc #animeexpo #animeexpo2017
View this post on Instagram
Chibi Unicorns nom nom nom! A little size comparison for you. Pendant charm is a half inch. Chibi Figure is 1 inch and Mega Figure is 1.75 inches approx. All heading for SDCC San Diego coming, and AX anime expo LA. Thx for all the love out there. We are powered by squee! #cute #glass #chibi #anime #kawaii #glassofig #glassart #handmade #toys #popart #popsurrealism #contemporaryart #fandom #collection #collector #designertoys #sdcc2017 #sdcc #comicon #ax17 #expo #unicorn #insta #instagood
- Art co-op Satellite Soda look particularly thrilled as they get ready for SDCC. Look for their enthusiasm at Booth #4623. Don’t worry, guys; we often feel the same way.
- Comic book artist and writer Cullen Bunn will be signing at KRS Comics Booth #5559 at SDCC this year. Stay tuned for exact dates and times.
- Nate Mitchell’s Squid Kids Ink has some work in progress for SDCC. Stop by Booth #5150 to see just what the finished product will look like.
- Artist Tom Hodges still has spots available on his SDCC commissions list. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Artist Chad Heinrich has some very cool (and a little terrifying) Venom art to debut at SDCC this year.
- Hide your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. It looks like Funko is sending out some blank models for artists to customize again this year. Sonny Liew appears to have the task of customizing Looney Tunes favorite Marvin the Martian. Hopefully, he’ll bring the Pop! with him to SDCC but leave the earth-shattering kaboom behind.