As it was pointed out on our last SDConCast, SDCC is next week! But it’s all good – you’re going to be completely prepared, because you read The San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog’s Under the Tents column every day. And we appreciate that! In this UTT, we have great SDCC news from Disney artists galore like Amy Mebberson and Lorelay Bové, authors Shannon Messenger and Raymond E. Feist, and a whole lot more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Justin Harder is bringing so much stuff to SDCC, we don’t know how it’s going to fit on his Small Press Table #O-08. These prints will make you want to give him more of your money (as if he wasn’t already taking enough of it).
— Justin Claus Harder (@clausstudios) July 9, 2017
- One of Disney’s most prolific artists, Amy Mebberson, took some time out from her massive D23 preps to tease a little SDCC exclusive. Like Brad Pitt, we’re left wondering, “What’s in the box?!” You’ll have to run to Table #F-07 to find out.
— Amy Mebberson (amymebberson on HIVE) (@amymebberson) July 7, 2017
- Artist Scott Blair continues his Tribute to 90s Anime series with his Princess Mononoke 5″x7″ print. Find it with the rest of the series in Artists Alley at Table #FF-18.
— Scott Blair Art (@scottblairart) July 8, 2017
- Artist Brittney Lee revealed two new beautiful enamel pins she’s adding to the rest of her awesome SDCC merch at Booth #5551.
- Sean Forney showed off another SDCC commission he’s working on. If you didn’t order one, you’ll have to head to Table #AA-15 in Artists Alley to see what amazing works he has available.
- Artist Alex Pardee will make you see double when you visit Booth #5501 with both versions of his Babadook Doppelgänger print.
— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) July 8, 2017
- Looking for some cool vinyl stickers? Chris Gugliotti will have these at Table #BB-15 in Artists Alley.
- Artist Sho Murase showed off some awesome new marker blacks she’ll have at Table #GG-24 in Artists Alley.
- Artist Camilla d’Errico uses gouache in totally unique ways. She shows some of that with her La Madré piece she’s bringing to SDCC with her. She’ll also have these very unique plates available. Find this and a lot more of her brilliant work at Booth #4723.
- Alex from SoCal Costumes will have a very busy SDCC. She’ll be a Jedi, a Scavenger, and a lot more. She looks like she’ll be in a little bit of everything this year, so you’ll have to track her down, if you can, to get some pics with her.
- Here comes the sun (do-do-dooo). Neysa Bové revealed this sunny mini-painting she’ll have with her at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643.
- Not to be outdone is her sister, Lorelay Bové, who will have this beautiful Dragon Flight piece at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643 as well. A little sibling competition makes for some great art with these two.
- Shh! Don’t tell anyone, but Vikings‘ star Katheryn Winnick is working on a super secret project that will be revealed at SDCC. What do you suppose it is?
- The man who has voiced the Caped Crusader for decades in his animated series and feature films, Kevin Conroy, will be signing autographs in Sails Pavilion. Head to Table #AA-33 on Thursday, July 20 from 10AM-2PM and on Saturday, July 22 from 10AM-2:30PM if you’re interested.
Yes, I'll be signing at SDCC on Thursday 10-2:00 and Saturday 10- 2:30. Table AA33. See u there
— Kevin Conroy (@RealKevinConroy) July 7, 2017
- He’s a friend from work! Well, maybe not, but Scott Hattox is a great artist who’s bringing this Thor piece with him to Green Hills Entertainment Booth #1829.
- Robert McKeone has a sweet deal. If you go to Booth #5523 and get your San Diego Public Library card with his art on it, he’ll give you this 8″x10″ print free when you bring it to his Artists Alley Table #AA-19! Only to the first 50, though, so get there early.
- Pantheon Books is hosting a number of author signings and giveaways. Check out their Facebook Event for all the juicy literary goodness that’s coming to Booth #1515 at SDCC.
- Are you planning to attend any panels at the San Diego Public Library? If you are, then The Kaiju Kingdom Podcast: Discuss Monsters panel on Saturday at 1PM is the one you want to see. They’re offering this print, signed by IDW artist Livio Ramondelli, free to the first 100 attendees.
- Devlin Wilder is very excited to announce he’ll be signing in the Sails Pavilion at SDCC this year. Check out his Facebook post to see when he’ll be at Table #AA-16.
- Author Raymond E. Feist is hard at work on his latest project, King of Ashes, but as we all know, San Diego Comic-Con preparations tend to derail projects. He is planning to visit the Harper Collins Booth #1029, so if you have a book of his you’d like signed, that’s the place to be.
- If the Green Power Ranger was your favorite, get over to BOOM! Studios Booth #2229 starting at 5PM for autographs, photo ops, and more with Jason David Frank.
- Free swag! Now that we have your attention, the free swag in question comes from author Shannon Messenger, who will be giving these away at the signing after her panel, and they will be giving them away at the Simon and Schuster Booth #1128 as well.
- Artist David Colman posted the last of his three adorable SDCC sculptures he will have with the rest of his series at Booth #1134.
- BeeFy and Co. is excited to debut their brand new snapback hat at their Booth #5051 at SDCC this year. They’re only bringing a limited number with them, so get their early to get yours.
- Stop by tokidoki’s Booth #5145 to grab these awesome lanyards!