Here we are, living in a post-Super Bowl LII world. Did your team win? Are you licking your wounded pride following your favorite team’s crushing defeat (Yay, sports!)? Whether you’re a sports enthusiast or not, we’ll lay odds that you’re dying for some WonderCon news. Fortunately for you, we have plenty.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Comic-Con International is very excited to have WB Home Entertainment at WonderCon this year. There’s still time to get your WonderCon badges, if you haven’t already. Considering they typically host the world premiere of an upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie at the convention, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (released on March 27, just days after the convention) seems like the most natural fit.
- Justin Harder, the artist behind CLAUS Studios, is always coming up with new exclusives for his popular Deadpool work, and this year’s WonderCon is no exception. What would you have DP and Cable saying to each other?
- Monkey Minion Press posted their 2018 con schedule, and we’re happy to see WonderCon (and SDCC, of course), among the list.
- If you’re looking for the most adorable t-shirts on the planet, you’ll find TeeTurtle at WonderCon this year, according to their very packed 2018 con schedule.
- Desert Wind is blowing their Celestial Comics into Anaheim for WonderCon this year, according to their Event Schedule.
- Dark Planet Comics also added WonderCon to their 2018 con schedule.
- Artist The Caleb King and his pop culture water colors will also be at WonderCon this year in Artists’ Alley at Table C-64.
- Espionage Cosmetics are bringing their nail art subscription boxes to WonderCon as well. Let them know you want the most epic manicure at WCA by responding to their Facebook Event.
- Bob’s Burgers fan page Tinapocalypse is holding its first Meat Up of 2018 at WonderCon. Reply to their Facebook Event to let them know you’ll be there.
- Nascent toy distributors Fugitive Toys, whose inventory includes stock from Funko, LEGO, and Kid Robot, also has WonderCon on their 2018 schedule.
- Ghoulish Bunny Studios are definitely bringing the cutest creepy critters to WonderCon this year. Let’s hope CCI approves them for SDCC this year, too.
- Beefy & Co. is bringing their adorable plushies back to WonderCon (among other cons as well) this year.
- One of our con favorites, Toddland, will be back at their usual spot at WonderCon this year, and they’ll have another of our favorites, Ninjabot, as a neighbor. That’s a lot of talent in that space.
- One of the stars of AMC’s Into the Badlands, Emily Beecham, had good news and bad news for fans of the show. It doesn’t look like the cast will be at SDCC this year, but she says they will be at WonderCon.
- Genevieve Santos, who goes by the nom de plume “le petit elefant”, is looking forward to geeking out with all of us when she sees us at WonderCon this year.
- Artist Sean Forney has opened his commissions for WonderCon 2018. You can DM him on Instagram or email him at email@example.com to let him know you’re interested.