Can you wait another 22 days until San Diego Comic-Con? We can’t; that’s why we’re bringing you awesome SDCC news with another edition of Under the Tents. If you like amazing art, exclusives, and free stuff, you’ll want to read on.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- We hate to start off on a sour note, but let’s just rip the Band-Aid off and get it over with. According to Brad Norman, who voices Bullwinkle, “Moose and Squirrel” (as Boris likes to say to Natasha) will not be at SDCC this year.
As far as I know, there are no plans to have the Rocky and Bullwinkle cast at SDCC. Sorry guys. I’ll update you if I hear anything.
— Brad Norman (@bradnaction) June 25, 2018
- The genius behind Hellboy, Mike Mignola, tweeted this 25th Anniversary Hellboy Print he’ll have at Booth #4901. He’ll only have 200 copies with him, so make sure you get there early.
25th Anniversary Hellboy Print. We'll have this at our booth (4901) at San Diego Comic Con this year–Signed by both Dave Stewart and myself. Limited edition of 200 so I'm guessing that will make it a SDCC exclusive. #sdcc #hellboy pic.twitter.com/wYomN4mZAn
— Mike Mignola (@artofmmignola) June 25, 2018
- Artist Scott C is having a pin party at SDCC this year, where he plans to debut this adorable little pin at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643.
Expect this little guy to make his debut at @sandiegocomicconinternational this year. https://t.co/dLnoNYOsHZ pic.twitter.com/KbgraRqHMq
— Scott C. (@scottlava) June 25, 2018
- Scott C. won’t be the only talent Gallery Nucleus brings with them to SDCC this year. You can also see Drake Brodahl, Sachin Teng, Pernille Ørum, and Joey Chou along with their brilliant work throughout the con at Booth #2643.
Visit us at SDCC, July 19-22! We are releasing exciting new art prints, shirts, pins, and other surprises. The following artists will be at our booth, #2643 for the entire 5 days: @drakebrodahl @SachinTeng @Pernilleoe @joeychouart @scottlava. Come say hi! pic.twitter.com/y1lpmsNcCQ
— Gallery Nucleus (@gallerynucleus) June 25, 2018
- What if Godzilla came into contact with Venom? We couldn’t imagine the nightmare that would ensue upon Tokyo. Scott Blair imagined it and will have the print available at Table #EE-11 in Artists Alley.
VENOMIZED GODZILLA Showcase sketch cover for SDCC pic.twitter.com/3odz8htaeh
— Scott Blair Art (@scottblairart) June 25, 2018
- Firefly-based non-profit The California Browncoats are looking for volunteers for Booth #A7/A8 at SDCC this year. It will be worth your while for the booth discounts and snacks, and you might just catch Nathan Fillion or Alan Tudyk stopping by.
One of the benefits of volunteering at our booth during #SDCC? BESIDES doing good works and getting access to our secret stash of snacks? Volunteers get a discount on merch! Shifts are only an hour each! Sign up here: https://t.co/zoDwoVkE0O
— California Browncoats – WonderCon Booth 889 (@CABrowncoats) June 26, 2018
- Did you do it? Walter Welsh certainly did when he collaborated on this Thanos bust he’ll have at the Famous Monsters of Filmland Booth #1314. If that’s not enough, he’s also raffling off an Infinity Gauntlet that won’t cost you everything to get your hands on.
- Popculturepinz took to Instagram to display their Game of Thrones-themed enamel pins they’ll have with them at SDCC this year.
- The folks at Professional Sports Authenticators are having an epic sweepstakes at Booth #5617 this year. Enter for the chance to win a three-card Pokémon set by original Pokémon artist Mitsuhiro Arita. You can enter the sweepstakes by clicking here.
- Who doesn’t like free stuff? Stop by and visit new kid on the block Syzygy Publishing and pick up this freebie at SDCC.
- Alex Deligiannis is bringing these Heroes in a Half-Shell to SDCC with him. If you can’t make it, he’s also making them available online beginning this weekend.
- Wondering what Harmony Gong is bringing to Table #GG-23 in Artists Alley this year? You can follow her Instagram feed, where she posted this preview.
- If you’re looking for something to start filling your brand new backpack from Hyperactive Monkey, you can start with these stickers that they’ll also have at Booth #5640.
- Pixar artist Eliza Ivanova let her Instagram followers know her SDCC commissions are now open. Email her at [email protected] if you’re interested.
- Artist Ash Evans will have no shortage of adorable work at Booth #3750, including these Mewnicorns she’s currently checking and packing for her trip.
- Diamond Select Toys announced via Twitter that they will have a new Star Trek ship for sale at Booth #2607 along with some new ships on display.
A variant for sale and yes, we hope one or two new ones on display.
— Diamond Select Toys (@CollectDST) June 26, 2018
- If you’re anxious to talk to New York Times Bestselling Author Kiersten White about her books Bright We Burn or The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, she’s making time in her busy summer schedule to make an appearance at SDCC this year.
- Author Tim Pilcher announced via Twitter that he and Dave Gibbons will be at the Fanfare Booth #5541 to sign copies of their Eisner-nominated work, How Comics Work. It is a ticketed event, so make sure you stop by their booth to get a ticket if you want to meet them.
- If that’s not enough, Pilcher also hinted on Twitter that he might have some copies of his prior work, Comic Book Babylon, on hand as well.
- According to DC Collectors, LEGO is planning to have their new LEGO Batman Mech vs Poison Ivy Mech on display at Booth #2829 at SDCC this year. The set includes mechs for both Batman and Poison Ivy as well as Batman, Poison Ivy, The Flash, and Firefly. The set will be released in January and will cost $39.99 when it does, but you can say you saw it at SDCC first.
- If you give a sloth a set of nunchucks, would it be extremely slow or shockingly fast with them? You can debate the finer points of this topic with the folks at Digital Pimp Online when you visit Booth #1429, where you’ll find their SDCC exclusive shirt.
Putting the finishing touches on our #SDCC2018 exclusive shirt, Sloth with Nunchucks! #SDCC #TurtleVsBunny #cutebutdeadly pic.twitter.com/jAShEbPpKL
— pimptour (@pimptour) June 26, 2018
- Artist Terry Mayo announced via Twitter that he and some of his fellow Alterna creators will be at Table #K-07 for SDCC this year, and there may even be some cameo appearances.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.