Our last Under the Tents for SDCC 2018 may be small, but it has big SDCC news in it. We have news that range from cosplay to commissions, and we even have some sno-cones to tell you about.
Here’s a look at What you might have missed:
- If Phantasm’s Tall Man terrified you as much as he did me, you’ll want to hang these giclée posters he’ll have at Booth #4619 somewhere you don’t plan on sleeping.
Debuting at #SDCC are my two new Phantasm and Phantasm II giclee posters! I created the artwork for the @arrowvideo box set in 2017 and I’m happy to offer prints. Grab one before the Tall Man does at booth #4619 #phantasm #arrowvideo #ghoulishgary #sdccexclusive pic.twitter.com/qlXZ4thM5r
— Gary Pullin (@GhoulishGary) July 17, 2018
- LEGO revealed to io9 that they will have their new 604-piece Spider-Man and Venom with mega tech on display at their SDCC booth. The set will retail for $50 when it goes on sale in December.
- Braaaaaains! Zombie artist Chris Thorne tweeted he will have these enamel pins as well as metal trading cards at Table #GG-03 in Artists Alley. He’s also taking sketch commissions, so stop by early.
I will be in Artist Alley GG-03 at @comic_con please come by, I will have new pin designs, metal trading cards, Sketchcovers and custom Zombie Commissions (for only $25). #comiccon #horror #zombies #superheroes #dc #marvel #sdcc #exclusives pic.twitter.com/VOcEIJyVUw
— x – Chris Thorne Art in LA (@christhorneart) July 17, 2018
- Gil Cabrera, chairperson of the San Diego Convention Center (the other “SDCC”), responded via Twitter that the food courts inside the convention center will be open during Preview Night’s activities on Wednesday night.
- Want to win a free night’s stay at the Hilton Bayfront? Just follow the directions in their tweet, and you could win a one-night stay. Winners will be chosen on Monday, July 23, so you won’t be able to us it for SDCC this year.
— Hilton San Diego Bayfront (@HiltonBayfront) July 17, 2018
- We can already tell you it’s going to be hot this week. Not 2016 hot, but still pretty warm. SNOICE is coming to help you beat the heat and will be located across the street from the convention center’s Hall A entrance.
we are happy to announce for the first time ever, snoice is coming to @comic_con! we’ll be serving up shaved snow and boba teas to keep you cool in that targaryen heat. catch us there all 4 days from 9am-10pm across the street from hall a! can’t wait to see y’all there! #sno… pic.twitter.com/x5WTOVLVaa
— SNOICE™ (@SnoiceSD) July 17, 2018
- Cosplayer Ireland Reid tweeted she will be a last-minute addition to Oodon’s cosplayer line-up. Look for her on Friday, July 19 only from 5PM-7PM PT at Booth #4016.
Special Announcement! I’ll be seeing you SDCC!!!! THIS FRIDAY ONLY 5-7pm!!! pic.twitter.com/M9bBw3GR9R
— Ireland Reid ⚜️ (@Irelandreid) July 17, 2018
- Artist Josh Figueroa took to Instagram to display his 12″x24″ Spider-Man vs The Sinister Six print he’ll be selling at Table #FF-15 in Artists Alley.
- Golden Apple Books is going to have lots to offer at SDCC this year. Two of their creators, Michael McMillian and Richard Fairgray will be on hand to promote their new work. Look for McMillan at the Comics N Stuff Booth #929 on Friday, July 20 and Saturday, July 21 at 12PM PT signing works and giving out variant copies of his new book Adventure Van. McMillian will be at the Disburst Booth #5047 on Wednesday, July 18 at 7PM PT and Thursday, July 19 at 1PM. He joins Fairgray on Friday, July 20 at the Comics N Stuff Booth #929 at 1PM. McMillian will be signing as well and handing out free variant copies of his book, Blastosaurus.
- Artist Frank Forte will have his SDCC exclusive Secret Identity Crisis limited edition print for sale at Booth #1528. The print is limited to 200 editions and will be sold for $20. You can pre-order his print from his website, or stop by his Asylum Press booth, where he will also have a lot more merch for sale.