It must be getting close to con season, because we’re giving you two issues of Under the Tents this week. This issue has great SDCC news from toddland, Neopets, and a whole lot more. Read on to see if your favorite artist, writer, or vendor will be at SDCC this year.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Novelist, screenwriter, and comics writer Paul Cornell once again lists San Diego Comic-Con on his schedule for 2019.
- It’s never too early to start planning. Newsweek reports that the popular game Neopets is planning to return to the convention with “unprecedented celebrations, events and prizes to honor this milestone for the entire Neopets community”.
- The World of 3A brings a major presence to SDCC every year, often including one or two tables in the Exhibit Hall as well as an offsite. They appear to have a placeholder for SDCC this year on their website, so they will be there, but details are still TBA.
- Comics publishers Zenescope will also make the cross-country trek from Horsham, PA, to San Diego, CA, once again for SDCC 2019, according to their online convention schedule.
- If you’ve ever stopped at toddland’s booth at SDCC, you know they’re one of the best, most engaging booths at the con. They even crowned our editor-in-chief, Kerry Dixon, “Queen of the Con” last year. This year, they’re looking for input for what kind of Family Guy, American Dad, and/or Bob’s Burgers merch you’d like to see this year. It will be very hard for them to beat last year’s merch, but we feel they’re more than capable.
we’ve started @wondercon and @comicconsandiegoofficial planning already… tell us what @bobsburgersfox @familyguyfox and @americandad stuff you want to see from us this year! #bobsburgers #familyguy #americandad pic.twitter.com/nrdkKEsxBv
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) January 25, 2019
- Wendy and Richard Pini of Elfquest Comics are honored and humbled to be nominated for an Eisner this year. According to their Instagram feed, they’ll be on-hand at SDCC and are looking forward to seeing everyone.
- Publishers Insight Editions announced via Twitter they’ll be at SDCC this year as well.
— Insight Editions (@insighteditions) January 24, 2019
- Writer/artist Jeff Pina posted his con appearances to his Instagram feed, which thankfully included SDCC 2019.
- Local San Diego professional body painters Body Painting San Diego announced via Instagram they are now booking spots for SDCC customers. DM them on Instagram to find out how you can reserve a spot with them.