Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there — don’t forget to take advantage of Comic-Con International’s free child badge policy for those 12 and under! We hope your family has done something awesome for you, but we’ve also got a little something for you, in the shape of a jam-packed edition of Under the Tents. We’ve got some panel news (though not all of it good), some teases from toddland, lots of artwork, and even a Princess Deadpool.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- For those hoping to see Charmed at San Diego Comic-Con this year, there may not be good news ahead. Actress Madeleine Mantock was asked if she’d be heading to San Diego this year, and replied that she’ll be at New York Comic Con. While that’s not an outright “no, we won’t be at SDCC”, it doesn’t look good. Which is interesting, as unlike last year’s MIA series, it’s not a midseason series, and it does make sense for the convention. Perhaps parent studios CBS TV really is going all-in on Star Trek and nothing else, or perhaps the recent showrunner shake-up on the series spooked them. Either way, we’ll know for sure in just a few weeks .
- Do you love Cuphead? Then you’re going to want to watch PopCultPlushies on Twitter during the co, as this adorable crochet version will be dropped sometime on Thursday, July 18.
I’m sure there are some fans crazy enough to make a deal with the 😈 for #HallH seats on Saturday! But this little debt collector advises against it. #CupHead drops on Thursday July 18th. #SDCC #sandiegocomiccon #comiccon #dontdealwiththedevil #sdcc2019 #sdcc50 #popcultplushies pic.twitter.com/TRUS9tOikL
— PopCultPlushies (@PlushiesPop) June 15, 2019
- Wizyakusa Art is bringing the Dragon Ball love to San Diego Comic-Con, with their first ever San Diego Comic-Con exclusive. You can stop by to pick up limited metal prints, signed by Christopher Sabat.
Excited to share our first ever San Diego Comic Con exclusive! Limited metal prints signed by @christophersabat will be hand numbered to 100 pcs & available at our booth! 🔥🔥 #DBZ #Wizyakuza pic.twitter.com/AKK89kRqFR
— Wizyakuza Artwork (@wizyakuza_art) June 15, 2019
- Artist Patrick Ballesteros is working hard to reach his goal of 100 mini-originals for the convention, some of which will be available each morning of the show for first come/first served. Which of the latest is your favorite?
- But Ballesteros isn’t the only artist in town with mini-originals, as Val Hochberg has also started work on her offerings, like this adorable tiny Tink.
— Valvalchu 💖 (@kickgirl) June 16, 2019
- Alex Pardee has a lot going on this year, but make sure you stop by to pick up And So He Bathed in the Blood of the Lepers, a dramatic adult-children’s booth which he illustrated. It will be available at his booth.
- You think you know all the Disney princesses? Meet Princess Deadpool, by artist Jess Chrysler — proving that Deadpool is indeed the pretty, pretty princess we’ve always known he is. Chrysler will have original and color prints available at Artists Alley CC-12.
- Christina Lauren — better known as the pen name of Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings — will be at the con, signing at the S&S booth.
- Our good friends at toddland have so much awesome Bob’s Burgers goodness to show you — soon!
CON-suella got a badge again for comic con this year and she’s already working on a new cosplay. Pre-sales up in a week or two! @FamilyGuyonFOX @SD_Comic_Con @Comic_Con #familyguy #comicon #SDCC #SDCC2019 pic.twitter.com/tuoRI999VD
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) June 15, 2019
- Jupey Krusho, the colorful character company, will have some adorable enamel pins for Bun-Bun’s Belly Snack Pack debuting at SDCC, at the Disburst Booth #2645.