It’s now July, which means Comic-Con is officially this month, and we’re giving you a jam-packed edition of Under the Tents today with updates artists like The Ninjabot, Jason Edmiston, Lorelay Bove, and more — as well as updates on the Comic-Con subreddit party, and more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- The creator of the Raygun comic, Gregory Shoen, announced that he will be signing at the Arcana Studio booth.
I’m very happy to announce that I will be at the @arcanastudio booth at San Diego Comic Con 2019 signing/selling RAYGUN on Saturday & Sunday. I hope to meet you all there!
— GregtheSchoen (@GregorySchoen) June 29, 2019
- The hosts of the SDCC Unofficial Reddit Party posted on Instagram a sneak peek of items headed for the party.
- Mini Critter Drop revealed a pic on Twitter of a cute critter waiting to be dropped at SDCC. This one is an impressive 3D printed figure named Jiji. They also added this cute Groot. Follow them for more info on how to find drops.
— #minicritterdrop (@shozumi) June 29, 2019
— #minicritterdrop (@shozumi) June 27, 2019
- David Meow-ie — or David Bowie? You can decide for yourself with these awesome The Ninjabot stickers heading to Small Press L-08.
More cool things for #SDCC!! This beautiful Bowie PopCat vinyl sticker will be available for sale in my Small Press L-08 booth! Wait to see who he will be next to! Can you guess? pic.twitter.com/AtGFey52NQ
— Arnel Baluyot (@theninjabot) July 1, 2019
- Ego Death posted some sneak peek art on Instagram from 86’d Kitchen issue 6 headed for San Diego Comic-Con 2019.
- Val Hochberg has shared another of her pieces headed for Comic-Con, this time featuring a Star Wars Kylo and Hux original.
- Film producer Ricardo Arnaiz with Animex Productions posted on Twitter that they are bringing the first episode of their animated series The Underground Adventures of Waka and Tito to San Diego Comic-Con.
Felices que vamos a estrenar nuestro capítulo Piloto de la nueva serie animada “Las Aventuras Subterráneas de Waka y Tito” de Calbox Farms Entertainment, en la Comic Con en San Diego – Julio 2019! @Comic_Con pic.twitter.com/iV5nkLcyDC
— Ricardo Arnaiz (@ricardoarnaizn) June 30, 2019
- Artist Scott Hattox revealed a painting of his headed for SDCC. It can be found at Greenhills Entertainment Booth #1829.
- The makers of the Realms of Mindrin are bringing these die-cut stickers exclusively to Comic-Con.
- Artist Robert McKeone teased on Instagram that he is bringing enamel pics with him so SDCC Artist Alley AA13. The post doesn’t give much info, but if you are a fan, follow for more info.
- Nsurgo will be at San Diego Comic-Con Booth #5601 and they are bringing extremely limited apparel from Quiccs Maiquez and I Am Retro.
- Artist and writer Jeff Pina posted six super cute stickers headed for SDCC Small Press booth SP-Q06.
- Just who do these other purple dragons think they are?! There’s only one purple dragon famous at SDCC — but we suppose these adorable Crowned Pins enamel pins are pretty awesome too.
- Disney Animation designer Lorelay Bove is bringing this Captain Marvel original painting to SDCC 2019.
- Artist Russell Walks posted a picture of another Star Wars poster being offer as an SDCC exclusive. This one features Darth Maul and can be found at booth #4717.
- Genevieve Santos is bring seven original framed paintings to San Diego Comic-Con Small Press table L-7.
- Artist Jason Edmiston is bringing his Eyes Without a Face art style to Comic-Con at his own booth as well as teaming up with an unannounced big property.
- PopCulturePlushies posted their last reveal headed to Comic-Con. It is an adorable villain, Thanos. Follow them on Instagram for their reveal schedule as we get closer to the convention.