There’s been so much SDCC news lately, we thought it was June around the UBlog. Alas, it’s only February, and San Diego Comic-Con is still 158 days away. That doesn’t mean we don’t have awesome news from Han Cholo Designs, TMNT creator Kevin Eastman, and a lot more in this edition of Under the Tents. Grab your box of chocolates and enjoy.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Han Cholo Designs (one of my personal favorite SDCC veterans), will once again be back at San Diego Comic-Con, according to their Instagram feed.
- “Author. Actor. Adventurer.” According to his 2020 Appearances page, Scott Tracy Griffin will be appearing Thursday and Friday only at SDCC 2020.
- Comics creator and illustrator Paul Warner is “super pumped” to be at Table #Q-10 in Small Press at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
- Scott Dunbier, Director of Special Projects at IDW Publications, teased a jam piece that will be sold as part of this year’s Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF) charity art auction.
- Artist Donny D. Tran announced on his News and Appearances site that he will be in Artists Alley #BB-21 at SDCC this year.
- Speaking of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, creator Kevin Eastman’s 2020 Tour Schedule includes San Diego Comic-Con, with details listed as “TBA.”
- Another amazing comic book artist coming to San Diego in July is Greg Horn.
- Where can you find artist Philip Sevy? At SDCC this July, if his Appearances page has anything to say about it.
- MAD Magazine artist Tom Richmond added SDCC 2020 to his Appearances page. Stop by Table #I-02 in Small Press to find the debut of his new limited edition print as well as caricatures and copies of his work.
- Fans of illustrator Clayton Crain Have probably already noticed that he included SDCC on his list of 2020 Comic Convention Appearances.
- Recently re-branded Sire Studios announced their 2020 con schedule as well, and, of course, it included SDCC.
- According to her Upcoming Appearances, you’ll find artist, author, art historian, and curator Kim Munson at SDCC this year.
- According to geek culture trade site ICv2, publishers First Second just got a major financial boost for their InvestiGators series. To promote the series, creator John Patrick Green will be doing the convention circuit, including SDCC 2020.