There’s been so much SDCC news lately, we thought it was June around the UBlog. Alas, it’s only February, and San Diego Comic-Con is still 158 days away. That doesn’t mean we don’t have awesome news from Han Cholo Designs, TMNT creator Kevin Eastman, and a lot more in this edition of Under the Tents. Grab your box of chocolates and enjoy.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Han Cholo Designs (one of my personal favorite SDCC veterans), will once again be back at San Diego Comic-Con, according to their Instagram feed.
- “Author. Actor. Adventurer.” According to his 2020 Appearances page, Scott Tracy Griffin will be appearing Thursday and Friday only at SDCC 2020.
- Comics creator and illustrator Paul Warner is “super pumped” to be at Table #Q-10 in Small Press at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
I'm going to table at San Diego Comic Con this July! I'm super pumped! I'll be at table Q-10 in the Small Press area.
If you have any tips about tabling at big conventions, lemme know! This will be the biggest con I've tabled at – I think I'll learn a lot 🙂#sdcc #comiccon pic.twitter.com/6VKKLFXPAn
— Paul Warner (@Warnerburg) January 20, 2020
- Scott Dunbier, Director of Special Projects at IDW Publications, teased a jam piece that will be sold as part of this year’s Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF) charity art auction.
- Artist Donny D. Tran announced on his News and Appearances site that he will be in Artists Alley #BB-21 at SDCC this year.
- Speaking of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, creator Kevin Eastman’s 2020 Tour Schedule includes San Diego Comic-Con, with details listed as “TBA.”
- Another amazing comic book artist coming to San Diego in July is Greg Horn.
- Where can you find artist Philip Sevy? At SDCC this July, if his Appearances page has anything to say about it.
- MAD Magazine artist Tom Richmond added SDCC 2020 to his Appearances page. Stop by Table #I-02 in Small Press to find the debut of his new limited edition print as well as caricatures and copies of his work.
- Fans of illustrator Clayton Crain Have probably already noticed that he included SDCC on his list of 2020 Comic Convention Appearances.
- Recently re-branded Sire Studios announced their 2020 con schedule as well, and, of course, it included SDCC.
- According to her Upcoming Appearances, you’ll find artist, author, art historian, and curator Kim Munson at SDCC this year.
- According to geek culture trade site ICv2, publishers First Second just got a major financial boost for their InvestiGators series. To promote the series, creator John Patrick Green will be doing the convention circuit, including SDCC 2020.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.