UPDATE: Comic-Con International has provided an update via their official Twitter account:
— San Diego Comic-Con (@Comic_Con) June 30, 2011
We want to hear your experiences! Post in the comments or send us a tweet letting us know if you got in or not, and what you thought of the process. We’ll take all of the comments and compile a few choice ones into a future post.
Everyone, in just a few short minutes, Comic-Con 2011 single-day passes will go on sale.
Starting at 10AM PST, 1PM EST, you’ll have a chance you purchase a coveted single day pass. From the official page, here are the rules:
- DO NOT MANUALLY REFRESH OR RELOAD THE WAITING ROOM PAGE IN YOUR BROWSER! Running multiple “tabs” or browser windows of the EPIC waiting room will cause you to be placed at the back of the line. If you refresh this page while in the EPIC waiting room, you will lose your spot in line and be moved to the back of the queue. It is therefore very important that you do not refresh or hit your browser’s “back” button while you are in the queue for badge registration.
- While in the waiting room, you will be able to see your current position in line. Your number in line will automatically update every two minutes. There will also be a black registration status message with yellow text. EPIC registration will monitor badge sales closely and update this status message when inventory is running low. Should badges sell out before you are placed in your online registration session, this message will notify you.
- You may be able to purchase up to two single day Comic-Con badges during your online registration session, while supplies last. If you would like to buy an additional badge for a guest, you must complete your first transaction and pay for your badge before you may purchase an additional badge. You will not have to return to the waiting room for your second purchase. Due to overwhelming demand for 2011 badges, all badge categories may be sold out before you have the option to purchase an additional badge.
- Once you have been moved from the waiting room to your online registration session, you will enter your name and contact information. Please enter your full legal name as shown on your valid photo ID. You will be required to show a photo ID that matches the name on your barcode confirmation when picking up your badge.
- After your contact information has been submitted, you may select your desired badge category: Adult, Junior, Senior, or Military. After agreeing to the Cancellation, Refund, and Exchange Policy, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information and review the accuracy of your order. If all information is correct, please type “AGREE” in the box below after reviewing the “Terms and Conditions,” then click the [Process My Registration] button at the bottom of this page. Upon submitting your order, your credit card will immediately be charged.
- Print this page for your records, then select the [Purchase Another Badge] button to buy an additional badge, or click on [Return to Comic-Con Website] to exit the EPIC registration session.
- You will receive a barcode e-mail confirmation from EPIC registration for your purchase, sent to the e-mail address you provided during registration. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your e-mail contacts or address book so the confirmation does not go to your SPAM folder.