We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- The resurrected ComicsAlliance had the scoop on BOOM! Studios’ annual SDCC exclusives. Lots of awesome variant exclusive covers abound from Adventure Time, Regular Show, Snoopy and Robocop.
No news yet on the annual Get-A-Sketch covers the publisher offers at its booth. Let’s hope news of those fan-favorites are forthcoming.
- If you’re going to Comic-Con, one event you don’t want to miss is The Walking Dead Escape at Petco Park. We ran it in the spring and reported what you can expect for this year in San Diego. Well, if you’re still on the fence, they are running a promotion for today only – purchase a Walker Ticket for a chance to be upgraded to a Horde Hero. Upgrade to Horde Hero includes an extended professional makeup session, Walker training, and the option to haunt the course as long as you please. Remember the first 8,000 receive a special collectible copy of the book “The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor“. Sign up today.
- Hidden deep inside a Warner Bros. press release from the 2013 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas was news of a Big Bang Theory/DC Comics exclusive 2013 Comic-Con edition t-shirt. No details are yet available, but we’ll let everyone know as soon as we do.
- Bryan Konietzko, co-creator of the popular Nickelodeon animated series The Legend of Korra, hinted via his tumblr page what we’ve been hearing for a couple of weeks now, that the show would get a big promotional push at this year’s SDCC:
Speaking of panels, we are getting everything ready for San Diego Comic-Con, which is only a month away. In typical fashion, I’m not allowed to announce any specifics yet but I will say that we have a lot planned over more than one day, so hopefully those of you in attendance will be able to take part in one or more of our things that I’m not allowed to announce! Looking forward to seeing (many of) you there!
- The Toucan Blog, the Official Blog of Comic-Con International, has begun its annual Imperial march into Comic-Con. Today the Official Blog announced it will be releasing tips and information that can only come from CCI on a daily basis, from today until the start of the convention.
Every morning at 10:00 AM (Pacific time) in the 30 days leading up to Comic-Con (from June 18 to July 17), we’re going to offer our “Toucan Tip of the Day,” a tiny tidbit of terrific information that we hope will help you enjoy the show just a little bit better.
We expect to start seeing things like the Exhibit Hall map, the trolly and shuttle schedules, the annual exclusives guide, and more important information. Stay tuned, we’ll let you know as soon as we see an update.
- Another day, another SDCC contest. But this ticket to the hottest show in town is a little sweeter for video game fans. Win a Four Day with Preview Night badge and five nights accommodations for the winner and a guest, front row seats for the Video Games Live concert, and “VIP tickets to Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag party to be held in San Diego, CA on July 19″. We want that, honestly.
You can enter by liking the Amazon Video Games and Amazon Students Facebook pages. Good luck, and remember to invite us as your “+1” if you win.
- BioWare has announced it will be moving into the Dark Horse Comics booth for Comic-Con this year, and Community Manager Jessica Merizan will have members of the Dragon Age and Mass Effect teams, along with special guests.
Come out and meet Jessica, along with Mass Effect producer Mike Gamble, Dragon Age editor Ben Gelinas, and Dragon Age artist Nick Thornborrow. Ben and Nick are the creators of the Dragon Age: The World of Thedas lore book, and will be on hand at the BioWare section of the Dark Horse Comics booth to sign autographs with fans; they look forward to talking with fans in attendance. We are also working to have some special guests visit us; we’ll update everyone when they are confirmed.
- SpankyStokes.com has been following the Luke Chueh x Jason Freeny’s “Anatomical Target” vinyl exclusive, and reports it will be available from Munky King during SDCC and is limited to 100 pieces. Check out the pics of the “Target” figure cast.
- Just in time for our Video Games of SDCC 2013 article comes more gaming news, this time from Yoshinori Ono, Street Fighter Series executive Producer at Capcom. Shoryuken.com reports that an announcement regarding Street Fighter IV is forthcoming during SDCC, judging from this tweet from Ono-san:
I had a lot of asking to me about Fighting Game and deep down.We're making preparation for annoumcing to FGC about SFIV at EVO13 and SDCC.;D
— Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) June 16, 2013
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.