Comic-Con is creeping closer, and as it does, we’re finding out more and more about what we can expect at this year’s convention. This week we have news on badge pick-up procedures, several offsite events with the San Diego Symphony, a Star Wars book that will debut at SDCC, a big Power Rangers appearance, Hellboy‘s Doug Jones, and confirmations from small press, artists and exhibitors.
Here’s some news you might have missed:
- Along with attendees barcodes, CCI also e-mailed details on badge pick-up to those who were successful with Preregistration. The pick-up locations and instructions are the same as previous years — those with a Four Day with Preview Night badge can begin picking up their badges at the convention center on Wednesday. Those with a Four Day or other combination of single-day badges that includes a Thursday can beginning picking up their badges at the Town & Country hotel in Mission Valley on Wednesday. If you have another combination of single day badges, you can pick them all up on the earliest day you have at the convention center. Here’s a handy chart, which was e-mailed out:
- The San Diego Symphony’s summer series, The Ashford University Summer Pops, will be celebrating Comic-Con in a big way this year. Although it normally kicks off con-season with special programming on Thursday, this year’s line-up includes three programs. On Thursday, celebrate the music of your favorite video games with Video Games Live, on Friday come hear Danny Elfman’s Music From The Films of Tim Burton, and on Saturday, enjoy Star Trek: Film Screening With Live Soundtrack Performed By San Diego Symphony. Individual tickets go on sale on Monday, April 7.
- Bleeding Cool is reporting that Jeffrey Brown’s fourth Star Wars children’s book, Goodnight Darth Vader, will debut at San Diego Comic-Con this year with advanced copies, prior to the full release. Here’s a look at the cover:
- Writer, producer and director Peter Winther announced on Twitter that his latest film, sci-fi thriller Painkillers, will ‘probably’ be at Comic-Con.
— Peter Winther (@peterwinther) February 12, 2014
- The Ninja Bot has announced on tumblr that they will be attending San Diego Comic-Con for the first time, in the Small Press area. Stop by their booth to get your exclusive print.
- Oni Press, the comic author of Down. Set. Fight! , has revealed via his Twitter account that he will be attending SDCC. However, he will not be present at WonderCon.
@TimVargulish Nope, not Wondercon. I'll be at Emerald City, HeroesCon, a few smaller shows, SDCC and NYCC.
— Chris Sims (@theisb) February 12, 2014
- Power up, folks. Looks like the yellow Power Ranger, Ciara Hanna, and possibly the whole Power Ranger team will be attending the Con. In answer to a fan question, Ciara Hanna had this to say on her Twitter account:
@yammerz5 of course! hopefully see you there!
— ciara hanna (@ciarahanna20) February 12, 2014
- Author Seanan McGuire has announced on Twitter that she will be attending SDCC, although there is still no mention of her attending on her website.
@ChrisHagish I'll be there!
— Seanan McGuire (@seananmcguire) February 12, 2014
- Actress and cosplay model Valerie Perez just confirmed on her Twitter account that she has SDCC plans in the works with Silver Surfer and Pan’s Labyrinth actor Doug Jones. Also her website mentions that she has a special announcement in the works. We will be sure to keep you updated with any information we find.
— Valerie Perez (@Valerie_Perez) February 12, 2014
- Brian Ward, DVD/Blu-ray producer for Shout! Factory, revealed via his Twitter account that he’s about to enter his first SDCC meeting of the year. Though not official confirmation, it’s a pretty safe bet that Shout! Factory has some great things in store for us during the con and confirms their presence once again.
— Brian Ward (@BWard028) February 12, 2014
- Comic book writer Paul Jenkins revealed that he will be attending the Comic Con this year. News of his presence comes from his Kickstarter project page. He is offering up a couple of SDCC gift opportunities for those who pledge a specific amount for his Fairy Quest 2 project. From this Kickstarter page he mentions a possible panel, booth and signings.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments.