Lately, it’s seemed like the news has been badges, badges, and more badges thanks to Preregistration (which went about as well as could be hoped for most) – but that’s not the only thing going on in the world of Comic-Con. Already we’ve had more artist confirmations, the promise of another Sherlock offsite party this year, news about exclusives, and even a possible panel confirmation.
Here’s some things for the week you might have missed:
- The creative writer and co-writer of The Elites Unit 52 have announced on Facebook that they’ll be attending SDCC this year to promote their comic. The first issue will premiere at WonderCon, but the creators will be on hand at SDCC, with “hopefully” issue #2 in hand as well.
- DC Comics wants to send you to Comic-Con! DC All Access has returned with their first episode of 2014, and by answering a few trivia questions, you can enter to win a trip for two to SDCC. There’s more information on DC Comics’ website.
- Assuming the Syfy series is renewed, fans of Helix can probably expect a panel for the series. Actress Catherine Lemieux tweeted that she’s “in” for the convention, along with her character, Dr. Doreen.
@Jellebean @geekly_press @Helix @markghanime @WOCampbell I'm in… and so is Dr. Doreen ;0) LOVEcat
— (=^.x.^=) (@LOVEcatLEMIEUX) February 4, 2014
Helix actor Meegwun Fairbrother has also confirmed via Twitter that if the Comic-Con schedule doesn’t conflict with his other plans, he hopes to attend.
@cyn_mccrackan @geekly_press @Porsandeh @Helix @NeilNapier I see!! Oh I want to go. Not sure my tour will be in the same area though #redsky
— Meegwun Fairbrother (@bmeegwun) February 4, 2014
- Unfortunately, not everyone will have a booth presence at the con this year. David Baron, color artist and writer who is currently working on Valiant Comics Archer, Armstrong and Shadowman, has revealed through his Twitter account that he will NOT have a booth in Artist Alley this year.
I will not have a booth at #SDCC this year in Artist Alley. The traffic is not enough to keep me behind the booth for 5 days.
— David Baron has a #Kickstarter (@DavidBaronCMX) January 29, 2014
- Will the Suicide Girls have a booth at SDCC this year? It looks like it could be a possibility. Phecda Suicide mentions via her Twitter account that she will be attending SDCC and mentions that she will be at a booth. We will be sure to update with any new information once we have it.
- Artists get your drawing hands ready. Comic-Con International has opened submissions for their 2014 Souvenir Book. Each year the Souvenir Book celebrates many wonderful anniversaries from the comic, art and entertainment world. If you would like to try your hand at being a part of this annual publication, check out their website for more information.
- Hot Wheels told a fan on Twitter that they’re planning exclusives again for this year’s SDCC, and while they couldn’t share details, they “don’t think you’ll be disappointed”.
@NascarnCarsFan I don't think you'll be disappointed!!
— Hot Wheels (@Hot_Wheels) February 7, 2014
- The Baker St Babes told a fan on Twitter that they are planning another Sherlock party for this year’s con, following last year’s SherlockeDCC.
@hockeymom_12 @thenerdygirlie Yup! #Sherlock #SDCC
— Baker Street Babes (@BakerStBabes) February 7, 2014
- Artist Sean Dietrich has also confirmed via Twitter that he’ll be attending SDCC again this year, as well as several other conventions across the US.
Working on summer tour dates–It's going to be HUGE!! Rock festivals, new clubs, new cities, and comic cons like #SDCC of course!
— seandietrich (@seandietrich) February 10, 2014
- Museum of Robots, who makes retro-futuristic housewares and personal accessories, announced on Facebook that they will be at SDCC this year, as well as WonderCon.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments.