Kudos to the team for digging up the best SDCC news you might have otherwise missed. Today’s UTT is so hot it’s gone nuclear, with news of a Sleepy Hollow event, Loot Crate at Geek & Sundry with special crates, a prototype Boba Fett, the first of Acme Archive’s exclusives for this year, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comic, a gorgeous Dredd lithograph and tons of exclusives, artist appearances and more.
Here’s the news you might have missed:
- Sleepy Hollow fans will be in for one heck of a convention, if a tweet from the show’s official writers room Twitter account is any indication. Pictured is showrunner Mark Goffman wearing the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset testing out the Sleepy Hollow “Oculus Rift Experience” for Comic-Con.
- Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn won’t be able to appear at Comic-Con this year, as he’ll be in Singapore promoting the upcoming Marvel Studios film. So says a tweet from the director himself. Queue The Price is Right music.
- An annual tradition during Comic-Con, the K.I.T.T. car will be riding around the Convention Center during SDCC, per a Facebook post from the car’s owner
Michael KnightMatthew Hunter. As a bonus for fans, he’ll be parking the car at the Campus lot next to Petco Park the morning of Saturday July 26.
- Website Vinyl Pulse has a preview of Super7’s upcoming SDCC vinyl exclusives. With names like Fossila “Radioactive Puke” edition and “Ooze It Tribute” Oozebat, why wouldn’t you click through? They also said there are “more to come”. Looks like Super7 will be one busy booth on the exhibit floor.
- The cat is finally out of the bag. Loot Crate will indeed be at the Geek & Sundry’s lounge, per a tweet from the company’s official Twitter account. And they’ll have special crates, too!
- Acme Archives has announced its first two exclusive pieces for SDCC. The Star Wars “Oola Character Key” is limited to 250 pieces and will sell for $39; and the Futurama Bender x Forbidden Planet glow in the dark silkscreen will be limited to 150 pieces and will sell for $40. Online pre-orders will begin July 2 at 10:30am PT via DarkInkArt.com.
- I Heart Guts, the internal organ plushie manufacturer, announced via Instagram it will be giving away buttons with purchases at its booth. “Family Jewels”? “Sweet Tooth vs. Dessert Stomach”? We’re partial to the “Bowel Movement” one.
- Felix Comic Art’s second limited edition print was unveiled via Twitter, of Image Comic’s East Of West and The Manhattan Projects.
- Artist Gareth Barker announced via Twitter he is working on some Madefire motion comics which will be previewed at SDCC. Madefire makes motion comics for publisher IDW, among others.
- Award winning animated webseries Supa Pirate Booty Hunt announced via Twitter a free comic book for those who stop by their booth, #1532, on Thursday July 25 from 11:30AM – 1:30PM.
- No Wilfred at Comic-Con this year, according to a tweet from Executive Producer David Zuckerman. Queue The Price is Right music once again. We guess Elijah Wood will be in San Diego for another little project he’s been working on for a few years…
- Want to catch Greg Pak at Comic-Con? Then you better act fast. The comic writer, who has worked on books for Marvel, DC and other publishers, said via Twitter he would only be at SDCC for one day only – Friday July 25.
- When Nerds Attack posted info on an exclusive Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comic which will be handed out at the Marvel during SDCC, and news of a cast signing (date not specified).
- The Adventures of Mighty Moose‘s issue 11 cover will be making its debut at Comic-Con, according to a Facebook post by the cover’s colorist Sean Forney.
- The official Star Wars site announced the Prototype Boba Fett Black Series figure from Hasbro would be exclusive to Walgreens this fall, but be available for pre-order at Comic-Con.
- Want a tattoo of Chuck Palahniuk’s upcoming novel, Beautiful You? If you’re going to SDCC, you’re in luck, because you’ll be able to get one at the Doubleday booth, as this tweet and Instagram video reveal.
- An exclusive set of Lumberjanes scout badges will be on sale at the BOOM! Comics booth, #2229, at Comic-Con. The set of four badges, $20,will include one you can only get at SDCCC.
- Artists Lee Bermejo and Tim Bradstreet will both appear at the Splash Page booth, #4400-06, with “exclusive prints for sale, and original art”, according to a post on the Splash Page website.
- Per a post on ACIN Comics, 2000AD artist Jock will be attending SDCC with copies of the book Dredd: The Illustrated Script & Visuals and a limited Dredd print. You can get a preview below, but click through to see the entire, beautiful lithograph.
- Savage Dragon creator Erik Larsen announced via Twitter he will be appearing at Comic-Con this month.
- Toy Tokyo announced via Instagram its latest SDCC exclusive, the Cheech Lizard, along with a signing by artist Mark Bode.
- Want more Toy Tokyo? The company posted a look at its SDCC exclusive Hakurai Monster Siccaluna kaiju set via Instagram.