GeekShot Exclusive Photo Series Vol. 2 (Week 2)

In Features, General News by James RileyLeave a Comment

GeekShot Exclusive Series Vol 2 Week 2 - Hunger Games Catching Fire Jennifer Lawrence Josh Hutcherson Liam Hemsworth

Welcome to the GeekShot Photo Exclusive Series. This will be a weekly post featuring cool, interesting, or just plain awesome moments we have captured during San Diego Comic-Con. Each week we’ll post a photo by Beth or James of GeekShot Photography. We may include a short story about the photo, but sometimes we’ll just let the photo speak for itself.

About This Photo

Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence at The Hunger Games: Catching Fire panel at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con.

Have you ever wondered what some of the perks to getting a press pass for Comic-Con are? Well, there aren’t that many besides not having to pay for it. That may actually be the only perk.

If you’ve been in Hall H or Ballroom 20, you’ve probably seen the press pit at the front of the room on stage left. You might have thought we were lucky to be able to go all the way up front like that. I’d agree with you about 2% of the time. One percent of that is good due to most panelists stopping on their way out to pose for photos. The other one percent is lucky shots where you catch someone looking your way or doing something interesting. The other 98% of the time there’s basically nothing to shoot from that angle.

As you can see in the photo above, I got lucky and had a clear shot of Liam Hemsworth looking at Jennifer Lawrence during the panel. This is one of those times when I’m happy with the press pit. Over the last 3 years, I’ve gotten a few great shots from the pit, but overall I prefer shooting from a seat in the audience.

You can see all of the previous posts in this series here.