Sunday will mark 150 days until San Diego Comic-Con, so expect the amount of news to start ramping up very soon. Not that we’re exactly slow on announcements about the convention today. Already, we’ve got potential word on events from Her Universe, another Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fan event, news that Walt Disney Animation Studios will be at the convention, as well as several authors and artists.
Here’s a look at some news you might have missed:
- Artist Sean Forney, who has worked on comic titles such as Grimm Fairy Tales by Zenescope and SuperBeasts from Fifth World Studios has posted his 2015 convention schedule via Facebook. Looks like he will be attending San Diego Comic-Con in July and will also be taking commissions for the show.
- Author Tameri Etherton, best known for her Song of Swords book series, revealed on her list of scheduled appearances this year that she’ll be headed to San Diego Comic-Con this summer.
- Are you interested in another Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. SDCC fan event? Then be sure to let our friends at S.H.I.E.L.D. TV know on Twitter.
— S.H.I.E.L.D. TV (@SHIELDtv) January 31, 2015
- Model, cosplayer and artist Vivid Vivka revealed via her Twitter account that she will have a booth at this years Comic-Con.
@VeraBabyLIVE I'm gonna have s booth at SDCC!! I hope you come so I can snuggle you!!
— VividVivka on everything 💚👾💚 (@VividVivka) February 1, 2015
- Matt Kindt, an Eisner award nominated and New York Times Best-Selling writer and artist of comics and graphic novels such as Mind MGMT, will be headed to SDCC 2015. His website event schedule page lists the con as part of his appearance dates.
- Disney Animation Studios will be back at the Con this year according to their website events page. There are no details for this year, but in the past, Walt Disney Animation has offered special “The Art of” panels with creative and producing talent for films like Big Hero 6, as well as full Hall H panels for films like Wreck It Ralph. We know which scenario we’re rooting for.
- Last year, Ashley Eckstein and her girl-nerd-inspired fashion line, HerUniverse, brought a very cool Geek Couture Fashion Show to Comic-Con. When asked by a fan if the event will be returning in 2015, Eckstein responded on Twitter that “exciting plans are in the works”.
- Comic artist Kel McDonald announced on Twitter that she’ll be at San Diego Comic-Con this year:
I'll be at these cons soon.
March – ECCC
April – Anime Boston – Calgary Comic Entertainment Expo – C2E2
May – ACEN – VanCAF
July – SDCC
— (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻ Kel McDonald (@kellhound) February 6, 2015
- Comic-Con International has updated their Open Registration page to promise that information about the badge sale is coming “soon”, and that Member ID’s will close without warning before the sale. Last year, Member ID’s closed 12 days before the sale, so we feel very certain in saying that your Valentine’s Day plans are safe — but if you haven’t already made a Member ID, do it now, because the sale is coming.