We hope that all of our readers had a very Happy Thanksgiving!
But as we inch closer to the new year, and with several thousand attendees now having secured a badge to San Diego Comic-Con 2016, it’s time to bring back our popular Under the Tents column. This is our round-up of all the news about San Diego Comic-Con, from artist confirmations to exclusives to more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Comic-Con International began letting some exhibitors know that their applications for 2016 were approved this month – which means not only do we know who some of the attendees for 2016 will be now, but we also know who some of the artists will be. First up, is one of our favorites, Patrick Ballesteros, who will be returning to SDCC 2016 with more kidifed-superhero art.
Guess who's coming back to SDCC next year….WOOOOHOOOO, need I say more. The countdown begins, now time to start planning some big things!
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) November 19, 2015
- Artist Sean Galloway will not only be heading to San Diego Comic-Con with a table, but he also showed off a new Table Taffy Family Zine magazine gatefold cover for the convention.
— Sean Galloway (@cheeks_galloway) November 18, 2015
- Artist Michael Rey Vega will be heading to Small Press, with his book Ask Jam Stuff and Things! Volume 1.
Woo-hoo! Look who's going to SDCC 2016! : D pic.twitter.com/aeMKiqLgTC
— Miupix AnthroCon July 5-8 (@Miupix) November 19, 2015
Can't wait to go to SDCC 2016 and rock my new book from my super popular According to Jim ask blog.
— Miupix AnthroCon July 5-8 (@Miupix) November 22, 2015
- Madeleine Holly-Rosing, creator of Boston Metaphysical Society, will be headed back to Artist Alley at this year’s con, she revealed on Twitter.
— Boston Metaphysical (@MHollyRosing) November 19, 2015
- Publishers Monkey Minion Press will also be heading back to SDCC 2016, the company announced on Twitter, and at the same booth as 2015.
Well, we got confirmation: MMP will be back at SDCC in 2016! Same spot as last year, it appears! Woot!
— Dane @ home (@monkeyminion) November 19, 2015
- Artist and illustrator Geneviève FT revealed on Twitter that she will have a table at Comic-Con.
HOLY COW I GOT A TABLE A SDCC.
— ✦Genevieve FT✦ (@GenevieveFT) November 19, 2015
- Character designer Nic ter Horst will also be at San Diego Comic-Con 2016 with a table.
HOLY COW ME TOOOO GUYS WE'RE GOING TO SDCC https://t.co/bxmU67a76y
— ♡ NIC ter Horst ♡ 💜🖤💜 (@nicterhorst) November 19, 2015
- Disney artist Christopher Uminga announced via Twitter that he will be exhibiting at next year’s SDCC.
— Christopher Uminga (@Uminga720) November 19, 2015
- Dan Veesenmeyer, an illustrator currently working on the LEGO Marvel Avengers video game, revealed that he’ll be headed back to Artist Alley in 2016.
Just received notification! Artist Alley space acceptance for San Diego Comic-Con 2016!! #SDCC
WAH-HOO! I'm going back!
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) November 19, 2015
- Our friends at The Ninjabot are headed back to Small Press. If you haven’t checked out their suPERHERO Origins series, or any of their other beautiful pieces, we highly recommend that you get on that.
We received our confirmation for Small Press in #SDCC :D! It's super exciting!! Let the planning BEGIN!
— Ninjabot – Arnel (@theninjabot) November 19, 2015
- Kenneth Thomas of Lazy Bones Studios will also be exhibiting at SDCC 2016.
Got an email from San Diego Comic-Con International confirming approval of my application for space in small… https://t.co/DrOC7ic0Kw
— Kenneth Thomas (@LazyBonesStudio) November 19, 2015
- Akumu Ink, who create original wearable art, will also be exhibiting at San Diego Comic-Con 2016.
Just found out some really good news. We're going to have a booth at @comiccon in San Diego in July!!!
— Akumu Ink (@AkumuInk) November 19, 2015
- The Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum, which usually has some fun things to show off on the floor like props and actor signings, will be returning with a booth in 2016.
— Sci Fi Museum (@hollywoodscifi) November 19, 2015
- The Hollywood Horror Museum will also be headed to the show floor, they announced via Twitter.
Yes, it's true, WE WILL HAVE A BOOTH at SAN DIEGO COMIC CON in 2016! pic.twitter.com/Cti2Kv7Hd4
— The Horror Museum (@horrormuseum) November 19, 2015
- Cartoonist Josep Blas announced on Twitter that he will be exhibiting at the con.
Soooooo… With the FREAKIN' AMAZING news that I have been accepted to next year's San Diego Comic Con!!! 😀 😀 😀
— Josep Blas (@JLBlas) November 19, 2015
- Pin-up artist Armando Huerta will be back at Booth #5553 in 2016.
Just got my booth confirmed for San Diego Comic Con 2016. Same legendary #5553
I hope to see you there.
— Armando Huerta (@Armando_Huerta) November 19, 2015
What Comic-Con news makes you excited? Let us know in the comments.