Welcome to another edition of Under the Tents! We’ve got some interesting news bits about skate decks, some awesome Alex Ross art, a few custom figures, and even a Stan Lee show you can watch at SDCC through the power of virtual reality!
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Looking for something unique to purchase at SDCC? Check out these Plastic Walrus decks from animators Jeff Turley and Mingjue Helen Chen. Check out the work on the decks from the tweet below. Rad! (Do people still say rad?)
— Rad Sechrist (@RadSechrist) June 17, 2016
- According to the Milkfed website, at least one half of the company “principles” will be at SDCC. Matt Fraction is listed as attending SDCC, so fans of his work for Image Comics and Marvel can look forward to seeing him in July.
- Martin Hu took to Facebook to show off another piece that will be seen at his booth at SDCC. This latest one is work in progress shot from Cassia Harrie’s Dragon Boy.
- Sal Abbinanti gives us a look at another Alex Ross SDCC exclusive. You can find this and other art pieces at booth #2415 during the convention.
— Sal Abbinanti (@SalAbbinanti) June 20, 2016
- Karen Hsiao took to Instagram to show off what she is bringing to SDCC. Tiny baby bats!!
- Mary Bellamy dropped a lot of good info on her Instagram account recently. She will be bringing Faux Facts The Truth Can Be Strange as well as the completed Ah Heck!! The Angel Chronicles. You can find Bellamy at Small Press Table N-04, as well as more goodies she will have for sale at her table.
- J. Scott Campbell recently tweeted out that Spider-Man #15 featuring Iron Jane will be available at SDCC in a limited supply. If it is on your must own list, don’t wait too long into the weekend to pick it up!
— J. Scott Campbell (@JScottCampbell) June 20, 2016
- Stop by Munky King’s booth #4851 at SDCC to for this Luke Chueh’s Boba Fett “Bounty Hunter Headspace” vinyl figure. If you can’t make it to SDCC or your forget to stop by, a very small quantity will be available after the con according to SpankyStookes.com
- Box Fly announced on Twitter that they will be launching their new book at SDCC titled “Also Known As“.
One month until Previews Night at Comic-Con San Diego, where we're launching the Also Known As book! More details to follow. #FearTheReaper
— BoxFly (@BoxFly) June 20, 2016
- Are you a retailer attending SDCC and will also be at the Retailer Lunch? If so, Bleeding Cool recently showed off some of the freebies you will be getting at the lunch. The freebies include DC Universe Rebirth variant and Captain America: Steve Rogers #2 variant among others!
- Would you like a commission from artist Amy Mebberson? Her pre-commission list for SDCC is now open but she won’t have many spots open according to her tweet, so act quickly!
my SDCC pre-commission list now open! Regulars, feel free to email and we'll talk! Only taking 6-8 spots this year due to time so hu-rry!
— Amy Mebberson 🇦🇺🇺🇸🍺 (@amymebberson) June 20, 2016
- Star Trek legend Nichelle Nichols will be at SDCC this year. Star Trek looks to be a huge focus at SDCC so it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that some of the original cast will be in attendance.
— Nichelle Nichols (@NichelleIsUhura) June 20, 2016
- Pimp Tour revealed their first SDCC exclusive on Twitter which is a Four Horsemen Salon shirt which is a homage to X-Men: Apocalypse. You can find this shirt at booth #1237.
— pimptour (@pimptour) June 20, 2016
- Are you planning to check out the Star Trek: 50 Artists. 50 Years art exhibit? Derek Charm showed off his piece for the show, which features 50 different aliens.
- Check out this book that will be debuting from Dame Darcy at SDCC this year. Fantagraphics Books has our first look at Meat Cake Bible and with a title like that, it has to be good!
— Fantagraphics Books (@fantagraphics) June 20, 2016
- Beau Greener gives us a sneak peak via Instagram at what is expected to be a figure from DKE that will be at SDCC.
- Squid Kids returns with another Mini 10-Doh SDCC exclusive figure. The Ec-Doh! Cooler figure is limited to 100 and can be found at booth #5150 for a smooth price of $20!
— SpankyStokes (@spankystokes) June 20, 2016
- The Hollywood Reporter announced that they’re partnering with Genius Brands International for a new online series, Stan Lee’s Cosmic Crusaders. The first four episodes series, based on a concept by Lee and written by Deadpool co-creator Fabian Nicieza, will debut each day of San Diego Comic-Con via THR.com, and “will be presented in virtual reality, with smartphone VR viewers to be handed out at Comic-Con”.