We’re exhausted just from trying to keep up from all the San Diego Comic-Con news today — and we’re still not done (and news for anyone actually reading this when we post: There’s more Conan news coming tonight!). So, catch up on tonight’s Under the Tents, and then get back to trying to keeping up with the rest of the news.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Downthetubes.net reported that Europe Comics, a collective of 13 European comic artists, will be represented by three of their members at San Diego Comic-Con. The team will be made up of French member Mathieu Reynés and Spanish members Gabriel Hernández Walta and Roger. They will be at their own booth, #1220 each day doing live drawings and signings.
- Actress Poppy Drayton responded to a tweet that she doesn’t think she will be attending SDCC this year. It doesn’t sound like The Shannara Chronicles will be getting a panel.
Hi Dave, thank you so much, glad you're enjoying the show! Don't think I'll be at SDCC but if that changes I'll let you know.
— Poppy Drayton (@PoppyDrayton) June 28, 2016
- Satintights Podcast shared on Instagram that La-La Land Records will be at Comic-Con booth #4536 this year with Comic-Con item premieres, signings, and mini-poster giveaways. Check out the flyer for details.
- Andrien Gbinigie of Ubisoft announced on Twitter the first SDCC event for Assassin’s Creed (and note that implies there’s more to come!). The post links Facebook event and details of a cosplay gathering at Children’s Park on Saturday, July 23rd from 6:15-7:15pm.
- Gotham actor Drew Powell tweeted that he will be attending San Diego Comic-Con for the first time and will be on the Gotham panel on Saturday, July 23 in the Indigo Ballroom.
— Drew Powell (@thedrewpowell) June 28, 2016
- Actress Brea Grant, best known for her role on the original Heroes, responded on Twitter she won’t be attending Comic-Con this year.
- Gary Sassaman posted a proud finished product picture on Instagram of the San Diego Comic-Con 2016 Souvenir Book. It is the largest one ever, coming in at 260 pages and features Wonder Woman in honor of her 75th anniversary.
- Things From Another World revealed on Twitter one of their 3D framed art pieces they will have for sale at their both. The Hulk can be found at booth #5625.
— Things From Another World (@TFAW) June 28, 2016
- Nickelodeon’s The Splat posted a teaser video on Instagram revealing they will be at San Diego Comic-Con and they will killer swag.
- Team Coco took to Twitter to invite fans to submit their “nerdtastic” Conan O’Brien themed art to possibly featured during the Comic-Con taping and broadcast of his show. The entry deadline is July 7 so act fast.
— Team Coco (@TeamCoco) June 28, 2016
- Beefypoo previewed on Instagram a digital sketch of an upcoming Boba Fett t-shirt design headed to SDCC.
- Cartoonist Wardell Brown posted on his page a preview of his new 8-bit style prints he will be selling at the Comic-Con Wild Monkey Works booth #1619.