There are only four more days until San Diego Comic-Con. This is not a drill! But we’ve got lots of news to catch you up to speed, including a super secret Geek & Sundry party, Slayer signings and swag, Lucifer cast members, exclusives from everyone from Flat Bonnie to Acme Archives, to much, much more.
Here’s a look at the news you may have missed:
- BAIT and Medicom team up to bring a Felix the Cat Bearbrick 400% to SDCC booth #4845. Measuring just under a foot tall, Felix will cost you $100 and is limited to 500 pieces.
- Skateboard superstars Steve Caballero and Elliot Sloan will be signings their 13″ X 19″ lithographs signed & numbered, limited to 300 pieces each. They will be at Comic-Con booth #4719-4721.
- Kotobukiya tweeted that they will have a special Clash of Clans announcement at SDCC booth #2601. That is quite the tease.
— Koto Inc. (@koto_official) July 15, 2016
- Blowout Buzz has some additional info on Crypozoic’s Lil’ DC Comics Bombshells. They will be sold in blind tins starting at Comic-Con with 12 possible figures to collect, two of them being rare “deco variants” found in one out of every 72 tins. The figures measure 2.75″ tall.
- Artist and creator of Shi William Tucci posted on Twitter he will have this sticker at SDCC 2016.
Available at SDCC 2016!!!!! https://t.co/erj5a6Nuyw
— Teen Sensation Billy Tucci (@BillyTucci) July 15, 2016
- Comic book artist J. Scott Campbell announced on Twitter he will be bringing a 70 page sketch book to San Diego Comic-Con that can be found at booth #4601.
— J. Scott Campbell♠️🎨 (@JScottCampbell) July 15, 2016
- Cartoonist and designer Brett Bean posted on his Tumblr page that his SDCC 2016 commissions list is now open. Follow the link and email if interested.
- SpankyStokes posted on Twitter as well as on his blog info on another designer vinyl toy coming to Comic-Con. Grumble Toy’s “Chubby Tough” is getting a clear pink edition that will be available at the Rotofugi’s SDCC Booth #5248 for $40 apiece and limited to 10 pieces.
— SpankyStokes (@spankystokes) July 15, 2016
- And in further designer vinyl toy news, Spanky Stokes has even more to contribute. Heading to San Diego Comic-Con booth #5248 there will be two sizes of neo-kaiju figures, the new 4-inch tall “Baby Bop Dragons!” selling for $65, and the 6½-inch tall “Bop Dragons and hand-painted 7½-inch tall “King Bop Dragons” for $195.
- Illustrator Christopher Lee unveiled on Twitter his last print he is bringing to San Diego. It is Godzilla themed, measures 11″x 17″ and is limited to 60 pieces.
The last new print I'll have at SDCC is a love letter to the Godzilla films I grew up with.
Ed. of 60 / 11×17" pic.twitter.com/BMJRBaMZ5J
— Chris Lee (@thebeast_isback) July 15, 2016
- Beckett Media has posted on their site that Grumpy Cats trading cards are headed to Comic-Con to debut from Breygent. The card set will consist of 7 cards and each set will come with a promo card. No further details are available at this time.
- Cara McGee posted on Twitter a Moriarty painting she is bringing to SDCC.
Moriarty painting for SDCC! pic.twitter.com/eZUdQova7A
— ✨Cara✨C2E2 R-11 (@ohcararara) July 15, 2016
- Kris Anka posted on his Tumblr that he will be bringing a limited exclusive Sansa Stark print to San Diego Comic-Con. They measure 18.5″ x 12″ and will sell for $20 at booth #2104. He will also be signing Thursday, July 21st from 5-6pm and Saturday, July 23rd from 2-3pm.
- TV Guide Senior Writer Damian Holbrook posted on Twitter that he will be moderating the Lucifer panel on Saturday, July 23rd. The panel will also include Tom Ellis, Lesley Ann Brandt and Rachael Harris.
— Damian Holbrook (@damianholbrook) July 15, 2016
- The Toy Chronicle tweeted that Super7 will have a Bodhisattva Alavaka exclusive figure set at SDCC booth #4945 and it will sell for $80.
— The Toy Chronicle (@TheToyChronicle) July 15, 2016
- Dark Ink Art posted on Twitter that at least two Futurama art pieces will be available and San Diego Comic-Con booth #5629.
— Dark Ink (@DarkInkArt) July 15, 2016
- Acme Archives Limited posted on Twitter that they will also have Firefly artwork available at booth #5629.
— Acme Archives Ltd. (@AcmeArchives) July 15, 2016
- Fox Comedy Exec Jonathan Gabay tweeted that you can find this poster and more Son of Zorn swag coming to SDCC 2016.
— GabayJonathan (@GabayJonathan) July 15, 2016
- Birth.Movies.Death. announced on Twitter that their Star Trek magazine will be available at Mondo News Comic-Con booth #835.
— Birth.Movies.Death. (@bmoviesd) July 15, 2016
- IDW announced on Twitter that they will have 25 copies of their limited edition signed New Mutants book at San Diego Comic-Con.
BREAKING NEWS: 25 copies of our signed, limited-edition New Mutants book will be available at #SDCC. Original art later in August.
— IDW Limited (@IDWLimited) July 16, 2016
- DC Comics posted on Instagram that they want your questions for the cast of Supergirl at their SDCC Q&A panel. Record your video question and post it on Instagram by July 23rd and use the hashtag #DCAASupergirl.
- Flat Bonnie, the maker of adorable plush toys who also helps raise awareness for abandoned animals, has a new Comic-Con exclusive for this year. The first, Leo the Otter as Rescue Wampa, is an 11″ handmade plush that will retail for $50. He even comes with a magnetic life preserver and adoption certificate. Other Flat Bonnie plushes, including KittiEwok, will also be available at Giant Robot Both #1729.
- Hero Initiative Booth #5003 will have an officially licensed DC Comics print of Harley Quinn by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, which will retail for $20. Conner and Palmiotti will be signing all weekend.
- Diamond Select Toys will have a wide range of upcoming products, including action figures for Alice in Wonderland, Mallrats, and Muppets, available to preview in person at Booth #2607. You can read more about the upcoming products on DST’s blog.
- While there are no further details yet, Geek & Sundry will be holding a “Super Secret PARTYPARTYPARTY” at Comic-Con on Saturday. Keep an eye on their social media for the details.
- Stop by the Cartoon Art Museum Booth #1930 all weekend for their tenth annual Sketch-a-thon, which includes animators, graphic novelists, newspaper strip cartoonists, comic book illustrators, and more. In exchange for a donation of $10 or more to the Cartoon Art Museum, supports will receive a customized convention sketch from a professional cartoonist (some artists and sketches will be sold at a premium). The day’s full schedule will be posted at their booth – and you can find more information on The Animation World Network.
- VIZ Media Booth #2813 will be home to a number of signings, including Magic: The Gathering’s Senior Game Designer James Wyatt, the creator of Bee and Puppycat, and more. There will also be over 70 pieces of original art highlighted from the boo from legendary manga artists to celebrate VIZ’s 30th anniversary, a prize wheel to win exclusive goodies, a Sailor Moon tiara giveaway, and a chance to win Tokyo Ghoul, Pokemon Adventures, or other posters. Find more information on NerdSpan.
- Slayer will be signing autographs at Nuclear Blast Booth #501 on Friday, July 22 at 1PM – and there will also be free Slayer giveaways all week long, while supplies last. So swing by to pick up free Slayer music samplers, stickers, and buttons.
- Leigh Bardugo, author of Six of Crows, revealed art from an upcoming Kevin Wada Six of Crows / Crooked Kingdom poster, which will be available at his signings.