If you haven’t already, now is the time to start looking over what you still need to order and buy for the convention — and to catch up on the latest news.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist Michael Fleming shared a superhero-themed greeting card he’ll have available at the con.
— Michael Fleming (@tweedlebop) July 1, 2016
- Josh Warner showed off some Mighty Moose plushes that he’ll have available at Table L-09.
— J. Lynn Warner (@josh_L_warner) July 1, 2016
- Spanky Stokes is reporting that Andrew Bell will be displaying a Series 6 in his Android series at SDCC, with new designs from Google, Bell, Andrea Kang, Clus, Dwaine Morris, Ignor Ventura, Jessica Wang, Nathan Jurevicius, and Otto Bjornik.
- Jungle Boy Productions revealed a work in progress wood carving that will be at the convention. We dig the Back to the Future one.
- tokidoki recently showed off some sneak peeks at their San Diego Comic-Con offerings — and we’re pretty darn excited about the Hello Kitty one.
- Matt Cipoletti, host on It’s Erik Nagel Sirus XM & Geek Stuff Podcast, reported that they spoke to NECA and learned hat they not only have the license for Preacher, but that they’ll have the first two figures on display at SDCC 2016.
- Artist Liana Hee showed off a rad project for Todd McFarlane. She’s created an alternate comic cover for Spawn Kills Everyone, and will even be doing a signing at the Image booth at 3PM on Friday, July 22 and will have limited prints available.
- Be sure to visit Jennifer Nolan at Artist Alley Booth #bB-22 to pick up adorable crocheted items like these mermaids, octopuses, elephants, and more.
- Hyperactive Monkey posted on Instagram hat they’ll have special guests at their booth this year (#5640), like Woot Bear, so swing by for “some cool surprises”.
- Shark Toof teased a toy release with a limited edition of 10 headed to the Munky King Toys Booth #4851.
- Monkey Minion Press revealed a pop landscape print that will be debuting at the con. Swing by Booth #5531 to check them out.
- Stop by Booth #609 to check out Bored Inc.’s Afro Cat, available as an enamel pin.
- Stan Lee Collectibles shared that they’ll have Stan Lee’s signing schedule up “very soon”.
- Artist Jon-Paul Kaiser showed off some figures that he’s been working on for Munky King Toys to display at their booth this month. Mr. Pumfrey was designed by @doktor_a, and sculpted by @prettyinplastic and Dave Pressler.
- Artist Dan Quintana unveiled an oil sketch he’ll be bringing to the con.
- Artist and illustrator Nooligan has opened up a small amount of pre-commissions for the con, so find more information on Instagram if interested.
- Artist Sean Forney showed off a work-in-progress sketch of Thor he’ll have in Artist Alley.
- Good news, iZombie fans! Robert Buckley has confirmed that he’ll be on the panel at SDCC. Thanks to Random Penguin for the heads up!
Yep, I'm attending both.
— Robert Buckley (@robertbuckley) June 28, 2016
- Bill Sienkiewicz will have some prints available at Booth #1714. Sal Abbinanti, the exclusive art dealer for both Sienkiewicz and Alex Ross, showed off some of the prints available.
— Sal Abbinanti (@SalAbbinanti) July 2, 2016