While we’re all still busy waiting around for badge news, let’s have some actual San Diego Comic-Con 2017 news, shall we?
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Each year, the Kevin Workman Foundation sponsors an artist to attend San Diego Comic-Con, and you could be that artist. The lucky artist receives two 4-day badges, the opportunity to showcase their portfolio, sell product, and network from the KWF Booth at the convention. You have between now and January 15, 2017 to submit your application, so head on over to their Sponsorship page to apply now.
- Artists Sean Forney and Josh Warner revealed via Twitter that they’ll be returning to exhibit at this year’s convention.
@josh_L_warner and I will both be returning too.
— Sean Forney SDCC (@SeanForneyArt) December 20, 2016
- Artist Chad Heinrich will also be exhibiting at the convention, and showed off a piece he’ll have at SDCC 2017.
— Chad Heinrich (@ChadHeinrichArt) December 20, 2016
- Publisher Visionary Comics released their 2017 convention schedule, which also includes San Diego Comic-Con – so look for them on the show floor.
- Flutter, an indie comic series by Jennie Wood, Jeff McComsey, Chris Goodwin, and Jeff McClelland, will also be exhibiting again in 2017.
— Flutter Comic (@FlutterComic) December 7, 2016
- Are you an academic attending San Diego Comic-Con, and interested in hosting your own panel? One of the best ways to get involved is through the Comics Arts Conference, which accepts individual presentations to present throughout the convention. You can submit by February 1, 2017, on their website.
- Do you love the word of Alex Pardee (and you should)? Well, then we’ve got good news for you – as he’ll be exhibiting again this year.
Yay! Just got my confirmation that I'll have a booth at San Diego Comic Con in 2017 for my 16th time! Still not allowed in Hall H!
— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) November 29, 2016
- Our friends at The Ninjabot will be bringing their adorable artwork back to San Diego Comic-Con this year. We can’t wait to see more Pop Cats, buttons, and exclusive artwork from them.
We got accepted in San Diego Comic Con 2017!! We are so excited to back at @Comic_Con!! We are going to bring our A game, again!! Woot!
— Ninjabot – Arnel (@theninjabot) November 19, 2016
- And speaking of adorable artwork, Alina Chau will also be returning, with her gorgeous illustrations and artwork. Here’s an example of one of her really cool paper art pieces, from Instagram:
- Author Sherrilyn Kenyon will also be returning to the convention, where she’ll likely be signing autographs and meeting fans. You can find out more information and keep updated on her Facebook event page.
- Avengers, assemble. Into this Marvel cosplay photoshoot. The annual photo op will return in 2017 – so follow along on Facebook for the final date and time, closer to the event.
- Artist Monica Bruenjes is heading to Small Press on the exhibit floor this year – where you can peep her Penguin & Peep comics, as well as her other work.
- Artist Sean Galloway can be found at Artist Alley DD-17 this year, he revealed on Twitter.
— Sean Galloway (@cheeks_galloway) January 9, 2017
- Are you an artist who wants to show off your work at Comic-Con? Applications are now open for the 2017 Art Show.