Happy Valentine’s Day, UBlog readers! While we can’t conjure up badge news for you this morning, we can give you the gift of some other awesome Comic-Con related news – including word that we may be getting something Pacific Rim 2 related, as well as appearances from the likes of Kevin Eastman, Mike Grell, Street Fighter, and more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Are you salivating for any kind of news of Pacific Rim 2? Well, there may be some good news for you, as when asked if he’d be attending Comic-Con this year, Pacific Rim 2 writer Steven DeKnight responded that while he couldn’t official say yet, if he is, he’ll be bringing something cool.
Can't officially say yet. But if I am, I'll try to bring something cool… https://t.co/zsn8X1Kagu
— Steven DeKnight (@stevendeknight) February 9, 2017
- VORACIOUS writer Markisan Naso will be exhibiting at SDCC this year in Artist Alley.
- Artist Stuart Sayger will be exhibiting at Comic-Con this July, according to his convention schedule.
- Cowabunga, man. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtleswill be heading to San Diego Comic-Con creator Kevin Eastman , as part of his Globe Trekker Tour 2017.
- The Switch creator Tom Nguyen will also be exhibiting at this year’s convention.
- As will cartoonist Jay P. Fosgitt, according to his website.
- Blind Squared Cute Glass, who create adorable, nerdy glass figures, showed off some of the 2″ chibi figures and other items they’re creating for San Diego Comic-Con 2017 (as well as a few other conventions).
- Black Girl Nerds revealed on Twitter that they are once again teaming up with The Nerds of Color for another meet-up at San Diego Comic-Con, so stay tuned for more details.
BGN and @TheNerdsofColor will team up again for the #BGNOC Meetup at both SDCC and NYCC! Hope to see you there! #BlerdResist
— Black Girl Nerds (@BlackGirlNerds) January 20, 2017
- Street Fighter is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, and it sounds like fans of the series attending Comic-Con should expect some big things. Series producer Yoshinori Ono told IGN last month that, “around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to.”
- Green Arrow writer and artist, Mike Grell, announced on his website that he’s been invited as a Special Guest for this year’s Comic-Con. Expect a formal announcement from CCI in the coming weeks, but fans can look forward to seeing Grell back for the first time since 2009. If you’re interested in a commission, you can find more information on his site.
- Is Comic-Con about to get a lot spookier? Author R.L. Stine told a fan on Twitter that he may be at SDCC this year.
Maybe. Not sure.
— R.L. Stine (@RL_Stine) February 3, 2017
- New York Times bestselling author Aletha Kontis will be exhibiting at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
- Artist Geof Darrow will be at San Diego Comic-Con this year, Dark Horse announced. Dark Horse Comics will be releasing a hardcover collection of Darrow’s work, Lead Poisoning: The Pencil Art of Geof Darrow, ahead of that appearance.
- No surprise, but Zenescope will be returning to exhibit this year as well. You can find their complete convention schedule on their website.
- Joe Corroney, an illustrator for official Star Wars and Star Trek books, games, trading cards, comic books, and more, will be exhibiting at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.