The dust has settled from Open Registration. Hopefully, the San Diego Comic-Con badge gods smiled favorably upon you. If not, try not to despair too much just yet. There are still ways to get to SDCC; although you’ll have to work for it. Volunteer Registration is still pending (Priority Registration is from April 12-21, followed by Interest List Registration on April 24), and our Contest Hub will fill up very soon. If all else fails, the offsites offer a plethora of SDCC activities and don’t require a badge.
While you were watching the Blue Cheerio, we scoured social media for any SDCC announcements.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Jim Lee has Comic-Con International at the top of his Facebook Events page.
- Tony Kim‘s Hero Within made waves at WonderCon this year with their new Wonder Woman-themed denim jacket. He announced it will also be at SDCC in some form, so if you missed it at WonderCon, you can find it (and Hero Within) at SDCC.
- One of our favorite artists, Patrick Ballesteros, has opened commissions for SDCC 2017. He’s already posted teasers for a couple potential exclusives, so if you’re interested send him an email soon.
- Voice-over/YouTube personality Catie Wayne is very excited to announce that she will be at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
- The FineBros, who are really great at making us feel old, reacted to Catie’s announcement by inviting her to hang at SDCC, so it’s pretty safe to say they’ll be there, too.
- IDW president David Ozer is a master of teasing his Wynonna Earp fans. He asked a while ago if anyone would be interested in a Wynonna Earp party and included the hashtag #SaveThursdayNight. It looks like he received enough interest, because he dropped another teaser on us.
- Writer/artist Daniel Presedo hopes to see everyone at the Adobe booth at SDCC this year.
- Disney artist James Silvani will be busy the month of July with Denver Comic Con, D23 Expo, and SDCC, so he’s decided to open commission pre-orders early. His art is very popular, so we suggest getting your order in as soon as it’s officially open.
- Australian Kode artist BossLogic announced he’ll be at SDCC this year in a Twitter exchange with a fan.
- Artist Camilla d’Errico has SDCC blocked off on her July calendar, so be sure to look for her this year.
We hope you’ve recovered from Open Registration. SDCC is just 100 days away as of today. If you’re interested in hotels, the Early Bird sale is still going until May 1. After that, we gird our loins for Hotelpocalypse. If you’re planning to park downtown for SDCC, don’t forget to get your form submitted to Ace Parking by April 24.