In between your Saturday night partying and binge-TV-watching, take some time to catch up with the latest San Diego Comic-Con news. We’ve got updates on artists like Disney’s Lorelay Bove, exhibitors including LEGO and DKE, some crocheted creations, and much more. And then you can get back to Netflix, okay?
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Disney Animation artist and designer Lorelay Bove showed off a series of Wonder Woman mini-paintings she created that are headed for the con, as well as a series of “flower ladies”. If they don’t sell out at the con (and really, look at them, that seems unlikely), Bove will have them for sale after the convention on her Etsy page.
- If you’re a cosplayer in need of professional photos taken during San Diego Comic-Con, then we’ve got news for you. FirstGlance Photos are booking photo shoots for San Diego Comic-Con now, and you can find more information on how to schedule an appointment on Twitter.
Book your #cosplay shoots NOW for @AnimeExpo and @Comic_Con DM to reserve your #photoshoot #AnimeExpo #comiccon pic.twitter.com/srzaf9K9Oq
— FirstGlance Photos 🔜 (@1stGlancePhotos) June 16, 2017
- Professional photographer Tony Julius, who specializes in cosplay photos, will also be doing both mini-sessions and full sessions during the con. Head to Instagram for the details and to book your spot.
- While urban vinyl toy company DKE hasn’t started to unveil this year’s San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, Jason Adams did offer a sneak peek at the cardbacks for an upcoming “Job Wars” Unemployed Trooper exclusive for DKE. Hey, it’s hard out there for a Storm Trooper.
- Tommy Andreasen, the co-creator of Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and NEXO Knights, mentioned on Twitter that he will be at San Diego Comic-Con this July, and hinted that several more of the LEGO team will be in attendance as well. While that definitely shouldn’t come as a shock, as LEGO is always well-represented with exclusives, a booth, panels, and more — it’s always nice to see confirmation.
We will be at SDCC in July.
— Spun away (@TommyAndreasen) June 16, 2017
- Illustrator and artist Marcos Martins revealed the cover of Mantastic, a graphic novel written by Frank Cooper.
- Bill Gerhardts, the publisher of BRM comics and co-writer of titles such as Attica, Warden, and others, announced via Twitter that he will be exhibiting this year after a lengthy break from SDCC — though it’s unclear whether it will be through BRM or on his own.
@Comic_Con booth and setup all planned out, banners, flights and hotel sorted. After 9 years I'm coming back to San Diego!
— William Geradts (@BillGeradts) June 16, 2017
- Earlier this week, we showed off a preview of artist Sean Forney’s Scarlet Huntress SDCC exclusive print — but now he’s revealed the full print, along with a werewolves print. You can pick up both exclusive prints at Artist Alley AA-15.
I will have two new exclusive prints at #SDCC2017 a #ScarletHuntress and #Werewolves each signed and numbered. #SDCC #Exclusive #artistalley pic.twitter.com/Pl6Q3ZZuk7
— Sean Forney at C2E2 O-6 (@SeanForneyArt) June 16, 2017
- It’s all Bob’s Burgers all the time for our friends at toddland (or is it?sounds like you can start getting hyped now for a Teddy exclusive t-shirt). They’ve been busy working on this year’s San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, which we’re excited to show you in the coming weeks — but it . Maybe. Possibly. Oh, just show us what you’ve been up to already, toddland!
We think it's about time for Teddy to get his own #SDCC exclusive tee… @BobsBurgersFOX @BentoBoxEnt #BobsBurgers @LarryMurphyJr pic.twitter.com/nG5DEvppse
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) June 16, 2017
- Bling Squared Cute Glass do some amazing things with their blown glass designs, including these adorable chibi giraffes, which you’ll be able to pick up from their booth at SDCC.
- Artist Sonny Liew revealed in comments on Instagram that he’ll be doing signings during San Diego Comic-Con at the Pantheon Books booth, as well as participating in “a bunch of panels”.
- Artist Randy Martinez showed off two more classic horror pieces of artwork (The Bride of Frankenstein and Mr. Hyde) that he will have available exclusively at the Choice Collectibles Booth #4219. As previously reported, you can also catch Martinez himself doing live painting at the booth on Thursday, July 20 from 2PM-6PM.
- Crochet artist Jennifer Nolan is celebrating Alan Tudyk’s finest voice acting work (okay, that’s not what she’s doing, but it’s still super cute) in the form of a crocheted creation or two of Heihei from Moana. You can pick up Heihei and her other adorable creations at the Womanthology Booth #BB-22 in Artist Alley.
- And because you can never have too much crochet at San Diego Comic-Con, Moon’s Creations also revealed a Predator Moon Bun, which the lovely Geeky Hooker will be dropping on behalf of Moon’s. Better find him, before he finds you.
This Predator Moon Bun will be hiding at SDCC for you to find. pic.twitter.com/u6BsuYSxtq
— Moon's Creations 🐇 (@MoonsCreations) June 17, 2017
Ahahahahahaha oh my god, I'm gonna be so excited to drop this for @MoonsCreations at SDCC. GET TO DAH CHOPPAH!! https://t.co/0O0JG4me9w
— Geeky Hooker (@GeekyHooker) June 17, 2017
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.