We here at the SDCC Unofficial Blog hate Mondays just as much as anyone else. At least we’re one Monday closer to San Diego Comic-Con. Let us offer you something to drag you out of the Monday doldrums and start the week off with some great SDCC news.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Good news for Earpers! Wynonna Earp‘s own Doc Holliday Tim Rozon tweeted that he’s excited to be reunited with Earpers in 39 days. Not only that, but Wynonna Earp herself, Melanie Scrofano, informed an eager fan via Twitter that she will be at SDCC this year. We already know that the cast will be in town for a Wynonna Earp party, but panels and autograph session announcements are surely just around the corner.
— Tim Rozon (@realtimrozon) June 12, 2017
— Melanie Scrofano (@MelanieScrofano) June 11, 2017
- It may be a little early, but Gigi Edgley couldn’t wait to share her autograph schedule. The Farscape actress posted her schedule to her Facebook page this week. Look for her in the Sails Pavilion.
- Adobe Imagineer Daniel Presedo is very excited about the way things are coming together for Adobe’s SDCC 2017 booth. One service they’re offering is a tutorial on how to use green screens with Photoshop. We think that green screens plus Photoshop at San Diego Comic-Con equals a lot of fun.
— ⚡️Daniel Presedo⚡️ (@dramenon) June 8, 2017
— ⚡️Daniel Presedo⚡️ (@dramenon) June 10, 2017
- Kymera Press is going to have a lot to offer at SDCC 2017. They are debuting two new issues of their Pet Noir series, Pet Noir #3 and Pet Noir #4 as well as some plushies from those two new issues.
— Kymera Press (@KymeraPress) June 12, 2017
- Camilla d’Errico is another artist busily preparing for SDCC 2017. She’s made significant progress on her Pikachu piece she’ll have with her. She’s also working on a Seabunny for her “Surreal Safari” series. Find her work, and her, at Booth #4723 at SDCC this year.
View this post on Instagram
Nothing better than relaxing on a Sunday and painting cute Pokemon! 😀💕 That’s my kind of fun weekend 😘 My rainbow Pikachu is close to being finished so I thought I’d share a vid of some of the final details as I get into the home stretch! 💪😁 When he’s all done I’ll make sure to show you guys before he joins my “Surreal Safari” series at #SDCC next month! 😄 He’ll be joining his colorful pals at my booth 4723! 🐱🦁🐰✨ It’s been tons of fun to paint since pikachu is my fav! 😊 He brings me so much joy so I wanted to make his cuteness epically cute! 😚❤ I think art is such a great way to express emotions including super happy ones!☺ I hope you’ll try to make some fun happy art today too and have a great rest of the weekend lovelies! 😀💜 #sundayfunday #chillin #cuteness
View this post on Instagram
#TGIF baby! 😎 It’s almost the weekend and I felt like painting bunnies! 🖌🐰Sea bunnies that is 😜 Check out my progress on this little rainbow sea bun!🌈 I painted the my first #seabunny for my “Fishbowl” painting that was part of my Dorothy Circus exhibition and oh mamma I was hooked after that! Lol 😁 I just had to include one as part of my “Surreal Safari” series for #SDCC next month at my booth #4723! 🎨 And it’s perfect for Pride Month! ❤💛💚💙💜 I’m going to give this cutie a little rainbow tail and a lot more colors! 💖 I really love color and how can lift your mood! 😊 I wanted this mini painting series to be bright and fun and make people happy! 😀 Have an awesome day today and I hope my little sea bunny brought a smile to your face! 😚💕 #smile #fridayfun #cuteness
- If you’re a fan of artist Jason Muhr, you’ll be happy to know he will be at SDCC 2017. Find him in Artists Alley at Table #CC-15.
— Jason Muhr (@JasonMuhr) June 9, 2017
- Fellow artist Sean Forney shared an update of his Scarlet Huntress piece is getting inked for SDCC 2017. He’ll have it with him at Table #AA-15 in Artists Alley.
— Sean Forney SDCC (@SeanForneyArt) June 9, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau tweeted an image for his Pepper t-shirt he’s designing for SDCC 2017.
Designing a Pepper tshirt for SDCC next month. 🙂 pic.twitter.com/ep4uQCbYZI
— Stanley Artgerm Lau (@Artgerm) June 9, 2017
- Bill Walko has 20 open pre-show commission spots for SDCC 2017. Follow this link for prices and information on how to order. His pre-show prices are cheaper than those at the cons, so order now to get on the list.
— Bill Walko (@TheHeroBiz) June 9, 2017
- Comic artist Rhiannon Owens tweeted some pieces she’ll have at her table in Artists Alley at SDCC 2017. Find her and her work at Table #FF-03.
— Rhiannon Owens 💜 (@RhiannonDrewIt) June 10, 2017
- San Diego artist Scott Hattox is making great progress on his Darth Vader piece for SDCC 2017. You can almost hear the Sith Lord’s breathing apparatus. Don’t worry, he won’t Force choke you when you visit Booth #1829.
- Crochet artist Jennifer Nolan wants to know what color superhero you are. Chances are, she has a mask ready and waiting for you at SDCC 2017. She’ll be in Artists Alley with the right accessory for your cosplay.
- Disney animation artist Lorelay Bove posted some work she’s bringing with her to the Gallery Nucleus Booth #2643 at SDCC this year. First is her mermaid, Sirenita. She’ll also have her 007 Ladies mini-painting available.
- Artist Brittney Lee was excited to show off her new Toucan pin she’ll have available at SDCC 2017. Can’t make it to SDCC? No worries; she’ll have it on her Etsy shop after the con. But who wants to wait for something like this?
- Artist Mako Fufu posted some work-in-progress videos for her paintings she’s bringing to SDCC this year. Look for her work at the Girls Drawin’ Girls booth as well as in the SDCC Art Show.
- Novelist and comic book writer Marjorie Liu responded to an excited fan that she and Sana Takeda will indeed be at SDCC this year.
Yes, Sana Takeda and I will be at SDCC! And touring the West Coast beforehand, dates and cities to be announced! https://t.co/9d8CICEwEu
— Marjorie Liu (@marjoriemliu) June 12, 2017
- Hero Within also announced they will be exhibiting at SDCC this year. Look for more announcements from them coming soon.
— Hero Within @ SDCC (@HeroWithinInc) June 12, 2017