Four weeks from today, we will officially be into the first full day of San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Just let that sink in for a minute. And there is still so much news still to be announced, and one of the best ways to keep up your favorite artists, celebrities, and booths is through these Under the Tents columns.
Today, we’ve got updates on Nichelle Nichols and John Semper Jr. signings, how to score exclusive (and free!) buttons from our second favorite pug lady Gemma Correll, and news on Skybound, Simon and Schuster, and much more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Cascade Games, the company which provides the Magic: The Gathering tournaments during the convention, is looking for some “magical” staff to help out at San Diego Comic-Con. Those who are selected will receive a 5-day badge and $12 per hour worked, so it’s a really good deal. You can apply on their Google Form.
- TFormers.com reports that Han Cholo will be releasing “many exclusives” at San Diego Comic-Con for their upcoming Transformers jewelry line. The collection is based on Generation 1 toys, and initially has pieces featuring Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Soundwave. You’ll be able to find more of the collection on the exhibit floor.
- If you’re a penciler, inker, or colorist looking for work, then Skybound wants to meet with you! They will be accepting open art submissions from aspirng comic artists at Skybound Booth #2729 (shared with Image Comics) from Wednesday, July 19 – Saturday, July 22 – you can just drop your portfolio off with a booth volunteer. Find more information on their site about the process.
- Simon and Schuster will be giving away an exclusive poster from Cassandra Clare’s Lord of Shadows, featuring Alice Duke. Clare showed the piece off on Instagram.
- Adobe will have several San Diego Comic-Con shirts and goodies at their Booth #4313, and Photoshop Imagineer Daniel Presedo showed off this year’s swag on Twitter. There will also be live tutorials at the booth about topics ranging from Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Character Animation.
- Nichelle Nichols will be signing autographs at The Atomic Network Booth #4213 during San Diego Comic-Con.
The incomparable Nichelle Nichols will be at our #SDCC booth all four days, signing autographs! We hope to see you there!
— Atomic (@LetsGoAtomic) June 22, 2017
- John Semper Jr., the writer for DC Comics’ Cyborg, revealed his plans for San Diego Comic-Con 2017, which include two panels (DC From Page to Screen in Room 6DE from 4:15PM-5:15PM on Friday, and DC Justice for All in Room 6DE from 10AM-11AM on Saturday), as well as his autograph schedule (DC Booth #1915 10:30AM-11:30AM on Friday, and again from 2PM-3PM on Saturday).
Next month, where you can find me at SDCC! pic.twitter.com/NzWBWlg3k1
— John Semper Jr. (@johnsemper) June 22, 2017
- Keep an eye on artist Chrissie Zullo’s social media, as she will be posting “soon” about her San Diego Comic-Con commission list.
I will be posting about it soon!
— chrissie zullo uminga (@Chrissie_Zullo) June 21, 2017
- Artist Ale Garza, who has worked on Deadpool, Supergirl, and many other titles, showed off a work-in-progress sketch of a Comic-Con commission, and reminded everyone that he still has commission spots open. You can find more information on his Instagram.
- Interested in a commission from Rhiannon Owens? You can get on her pre-commission list by contacting her on Twitter, or you can find her at Artist Alley FF-03.
Find me at table FF-03 in Artist's Alley ! #SDCC Commission me EARLY @Comic_Con ! My list fills up fast😁 #comiccon2017 #SDCC17 https://t.co/OtK54g7r1p
— Rhiannon Owens (@RhiannonDrewIt) June 22, 2017
- Concept artist Jin Yung Kim has been busy getting ready for Comic-Con. Not only will he have new prints and a sketchbook, but his commission list is now open – and you can find all the details on Instagram.
- Gemma Correll, self-descibed infamous pug lady, will be giving away 250 limited edition buttons at her autograph sessions during Comic-Con. While nothing has been announced, we suspect that Correll will be signing in the official CCI Autograph Area.
- Nate Mitchell and his Squid Kids Ink will have a series of collectibles available at his Booth #5150, which he showed off.
- Everyone’s favorite Harley Quinn has been re-imagined as a crochet bunny in Moon’s Creations latest San Diego Comic-Con offering. Just like all their other adorable crochet SDCC rabbits, she will be dropped by everyone’s favorite Geeky Hooker, so make sure you’re following her on Twitter and Facebook to catch the drops.
This little Harley Quinn Moon Bun will be hiding out at SDCC and free to whoever finds her!
(More details as the con gets closer.) pic.twitter.com/gOztDsC5O9
— Moon's Creations 🐇 (@MoonsCreations) June 22, 2017
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.