With San Diego Comic-Con mere weeks away, news is starting to come at us fast. From exclusives to debuts, we’ve seen a lot over the past couple of days. We have all that, plus panels and some volunteer opportunities for you to enjoy.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Our friends at Ninobuni posted an image of their Trash Panda print they might be turning into an SDCC 2017 exclusive. If they do you’ll be able to grab one at Booth #5139.
- Ninobuni also disappointed some fans by letting them know that they are not taking pre-orders for their glow-in-the-dark Smile exclusive. If you want one, you have to go to Booth #5139.
- Artist Camilla d’Errico shows off another piece from her “Surreal Safari”: Grumpy Cat. Look for her and her safari at Booth #4723 at SDCC this year.
- “The Comic-Con Don” will be appearing on two panels at SDCC this year. The first, “Diversity in Comics,” will be on Friday, July 21 at 11AM PT in Room 9. The second, “Independent Creators’ Summit,” will be on Friday, July 21 at 7PM PT in Room 32AB.
— The Slim, The Sensual, The Strange, Hannibal Tabu (@hannibaltabu) June 7, 2017
- Tweeterhead will be offering their rendition of the Bottle City of Kandor at SDCC this year. Stop by Booth #5549, and you can own this tribute to Krypton’s lost city for only $44.95.
— Tweeterhead (@tweeterheadsf) June 7, 2017
- GUNNAR Optiks is steaming into SDCC this year. They say they can’t give details just yet, but apparently you should keep yourselves limber and work on your cardio. It sounds like they have something exciting in store for attendees.
— GUNNAR Optiks (@GUNNAROptiks) June 7, 2017
- Devlin Wilder, host of Friend or Faux podcast, posted that he will be signing all weekend long at SDCC. Keep an eye on his Twitter and Facebook pages for the when and where.
— Devlin (@DevlinWilder) June 8, 2017
- Jennifer Nolan showed off some of her crochet designs she’ll have with her at her booth in Artists Alley at SDCC this year.
- Miso, a.k.a. Karen Hsiao, posted a picture of her new black and gold series she will have available at SDCC this year.
- AWOO! Werewolves of Comic-Con! Artist Sean Forney reveals some progress he is making on his new werewolves for SDCC this year.
- Neacol and Stanley Miller from Bling Squared heats up with some more of their glass art they will have available at SDCC. They’re not exclusives, so if you don’t make it to SDCC, you can still purchase from their store.
- Artist Alex Ross played along with a Twitter hashtag game to reveal his latest Universal Monsters pieces that will be available at Booth #2415 at SDCC 2017.
— Alex Ross (@thealexrossart) June 8, 2017
- The moose is loose! Artist Josh Warner shows off his SDCC exclusive variant cover for issue 13 of The Adventures of Mighty Moose. Pick up a copy at Small Press Booth #L-09.
- Artist Peter Nguyen teased a snippet of his Megazord cover that will be available at SDCC 2017. There will only be 3000 of them, so find it fast if you want one.
- Comics maker Campbell Whyte introduced a page of his new graphic novel, Home Time, which is set to debut at SDCC this year.
- The K. Workman Foundation and Robert Scott’s Comickaze Comic Books and More are holding their second annual Preview Night Happy Hour Fun(d) Raiser on Wednesday, July 19 at Liberty Station.
— K.Workman Foundation (@kworkfoundation) June 8, 2017
- Steampunk Fortress is looking for volunteers to help at their booth for SDCC 2017. If you’re interested, you need to have an Attendee badge (they won’t get you in, sorry), but they will give you 50% off anything at their booth for your help.
— StarrWilde (@StarrWilde) June 8, 2017
- Speaking of helping at booths, Symbiote Studios is still looking for help at theirs, Booth #5636. They’re offering a half-day’s schedule, free merch, and fun. Just send them a funny pic of yourself to raise your hand and volunteer.
We are STILL looking for fun volunteers for #SDCC2017 Free merch, fun and half day schedule. If interested send funny picture of yourself
— Symbiote Studios® | Toy Manufacturer (@symbiotestudios) June 8, 2017
- The folks at Super Geeked Up think we should all get together at their panel at SDCC. Do they have enough room at a panel to fit 130,000 of us? If that were possible, we wouldn’t have to worry about Hall H lines.
— Jeff Burns (@SuperGeekedUp) June 7, 2017
- Artist Mark Alvarado is bringing a lot to SDCC this year. Find his SDCC variant cover for Surrounded by Death #1 at Booth #2103. For those of us who appreciate a fine cup o’ joe, he’ll also have the actual coffee brand featured in the comic.
- The organization Heroic Girls will be hosting a panel, “Raising Heroic Girls,” at SDCC this year. Their panel will be held on Sunday at 2PM PT. We’ll keep an eye out for the exact location.
@babsdraws Babs, are you going to SDCC? Follow up: Would you be interested in being on a panel on "Raising Heroic Girls?"
— Heroic Girls @SDCC 2022 – #MoreThanCute (@HeroicGirls) June 8, 2017
- When Heroic Girls invited Amy Chu to be on their panel, she informed them she is already committed to three panels at SDCC. We’ll have to keep an eye on this Twitter feed to see if cookies are enough to entice Chu to join their panel.
What day? I'm on three panels already!
— A M Y C H U #donutkiller 💎 (@AmyChu) June 6, 2017
- Artist Steve Bryant’s SDCC commission pre-order list is now open. Follow this link for info on his prices and some samples, then email him at SteveBryantArt@gmail.com to place your order.
— Steve Bryant writes and draws comics (@SteveBryantArt) June 8, 2017
- Comic book artist Aaron Lopresti tweeted a pic of his pencil art sketch for a Batman Rogues Gallery print. He hopes to have these available for SDCC 2017.
— aaronlopresti (@aaronlopresti) June 8, 2017
- Our good friend, Patrick Ballesteros, posted another of his 25 Cent Wonders he’ll have with him at SDCC 2017. It’s OK, though; they’re friends from work. Head to Artists Alley to find this to hang in your cubicle.
- Poway artist Scott Hattox has progressed more on his Darth Vader SDCC 2017 acrylic-on-canvas piece. Head to Booth #1829 to see the finished product.
- Actor Mark Wahlberg is battling aliens again. No, not in the latest movie in the Transformers franchise. This time, he’s producing a new comic book, Alien Bounty Hunter. The comic is set to debut at SDCC 2017, but there is no information Wahlberg will be on hand for the debut.
- Artist Lord Mesa tweeted that he will, indeed, be at SDCC in Artist Alley at Table DD-03.
I sure am!!! 👍🏽🤓👍🏽 #SDCC2017 Artist Alley DD03!!!
— Lord Mesa (@lordmesa) June 8, 2017
- Misha Collins responded to a Tumblr user’s request for a pic at SDCC 2017 with a catch-me-if-you-can sort of response. We’re not sure if this means he’ll be there as part of a Supernatural appearance (as in the past), or if he’s going for fun as a cosplayer.
- Disney artist James Silvani posted some more headshots he’ll have with him at his con appearances this summer, which includes SDCC 2017.